Toribash
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
This looks pretty interesting and something I could most definitely get into..
I'll have a go at it tomorrow, thanks for making this thread though, it's getting harder to find good games to play everyday..

yes that game is really good, and you dont have to be online all the time in the care that they capture all your stars in one night, because its really slow, its enough when you look 1 or 2 times at the day, later in a phase where like all stars are captured its enough when you look 4-5 times but then only 5 minutes ..
and a good thing too is that these "rounds" are really "fast" they may took 2-3 weeks and thats not much :d

it is a try worth ..

@saint, haha! we start attacking with 3 players now the big red one (look my last post that screen) the yellow one is already captured ... (i got the most stars from him, 75ships fleet FTW!)
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Can it be played on a slow connection?
Like, for the next few weeks I have to plug my phone into my PC and USB Tether the internet on, I've unlimited internet so using up to much everyday aint too much of a concern xD
-----
Suggestion: What if after we've all wised up on this game we join a game together and make a pact to not betray one another? And trick the others into thinking we are infact enemies? Seems fun
-----
I've joined one that had 4 Players in it. A free game to learn how to play, but I'll have to wait till I get an email :3 In the meantime. Give us some starting tips please xD
I'm read the tutorial like hell now :3
Last edited by souldevilj; Jul 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
just, invest at start at Economy, get the stars that are next to you (dont make the failure and take these that are far away) try to look for a partner , but dont at the first day, wait 2-3days to see who´s active and who not, when you got a big "save" and a front to an enemy you should start upgrading industry for mor ships (dont invest to early to much in science, helps alot, but not worth it..)
and the rest.. hm.. is your choose ^^

Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
-----
Suggestion: What if after we've all wised up on this game we join a game together and make a pact to not betray one another? And trick the others into thinking we are infact enemies? Seems fun
-----

I tried this with a couple of friends I play games with.
DID. NOT. END. WELL.
Backstabbing galore D:

Anyway yeah a good tip is that it's almost always beneficial to leave at least 1 ship (SHIP not FLEET!) on a star whilst being attacked because of how the combat works in this game. It's turn based, so in the end 1 ship with an attack of 20 (19 + 1 defender bonus) can take out 20 attacking ships before being destroyed, but you'd need 21 ships to take out 40 incoming ships whose attack is 20 also. Therefore it's far more efficient to use 1 ship to defend than any other number, regardless of your attack power.

As mentioned above, it also helps to invest in economy early on - just be careful not to put too many points on one star, as it starts becoming unprofitable. With regards to science, everyone tends to focus on weapons tech so if you focus on one tech nobody else is upgrading then you can trade it for money or weapons since you're running a pretty significant monopoly. I recommend Speed or Jump distance. Don't get stuck focusing on attack like everyone else will.

As for internet connection, you could theoretically play this game on dial-up since the interface does not update constantly - it only updates when you take an action or refresh the page.
Last edited by 4zb41; Jul 11, 2012 at 03:11 AM.
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
As mentioned above, it also helps to invest in economy early on - just be careful not to put too many points on one star, as it starts becoming unprofitable. With regards to science, everyone tends to focus on weapons tech so if you focus on one tech nobody else is upgrading then you can trade it for money or weapons since you're running a pretty significant monopoly. I recommend Speed or Jump distance. Don't get stuck focusing on attack like everyone else will.

also, in our 3 player alliance, is 1 upgrading weapons, 1 speed and 1 scan range and jump range, that works very well and we have atm. a really high tech (i just need 1d and 1h to upgrade weapons 7 ;) )

also, short update :
Stars : 47 (close to be the leader, the leader got atm. 50 but im already attacking 5-6 stars )
economy : 76 (highest in my galaxy)
industry : 56 (pretty low for the galaxy, the leader with 50 stars got a industry of 70 or something)
ships : 375, i have a fleet with around 100-110 ships
science : 8 (highest in our galaxy too)

Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
also, short update :
Stars : 47 (close to be the leader, the leader got atm. 50 but im already attacking 5-6 stars )
economy : 76 (highest in my galaxy)
industry : 56 (pretty low for the galaxy, the leader with 50 stars got a industry of 70 or something)
ships : 375, i have a fleet with around 100-110 ships
science : 8 (highest in our galaxy too)

Go go go, I believe in You! : D
jea i think i win that game got a fleet with 177 ships.. and start attacking the biggest one now, similar we will kick one out of our alliance and attacking him too (he´s working together with the biggest one)

I got into a game (I know I'll most definitely die first since I missed the first day and everyones owning) but I don't understand whats going on even after I read the tutorial xD I can't find the information I need when I need it o.o