Toribash
It's more open than most communities, providing you have the level of maturity and general knowledge of the internet to keep up with conversations.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
It's not the community, but how you post in it.

If you want change their will be change.

In my opinion since I have joined, their have always been idiots the only difference now is that their are a lot more new people and as such they don't know forum etiquette and how to play. this usually is fixed by time and generally maturity by age and by knowledge... usually.

tl;dr
newbies make forum seem newbish

slapping you on the wrist for using "their" where there should clearly be a "there".

sid

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Last edited by Kryo; Jul 29, 2011 at 04:22 PM.
I'm thinking of quitting, myself. Because I just can't afford to buy boosters or anything like that to get qi or tc.
High quality avatars and signatures 5k each or 7k for bundles.
were talking about community not the actual game.
also is one of the most active communities with members all around the world and thats what makes it awesome.
Become a phantom
Mac Muffins.
Originally Posted by Tekro View Post
The number of kind mannered, nice people is decreasing.

Not necessarily. Let's just say that not all newcomers are rotten tomatoes.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
That still leaves half of them left to be "original" members. Granted, it's annoying how many alts are made, but i reckon people still pop up from time to time.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Originally Posted by shook View Post
Ehh, it's not too bad. Given the size of the community, and the fact that the average player is male and right smack in the middle of puberty, it could be a LOT worse. Not as abrasive and elitist as some communities, which is definitely a plus, but that isn't to say those "qualities" are missing entirely.

I've met some awesome people here as well though. People just need to be more respectful toward each other, and we'll have a sterling community at our hands.

I am inclined to agree with shook, for the most part. I feel its up to the community itself as to how the members behave. If you read about why people post in the forum, what they like about the forum, what they have learned by being apart of this community, most of it is about friendship and bettering themselves. Many have improved their grammar, engaged in intelligent conversations and discussed matters that effect all of our lives. Many have made friends that live both near and far, causing them to learn about other cultures as well as other people.

I think this community has a lot to offer, and although we may see the bad "increasing", we need to stop for a moment and look at what is good about this community. Not only do we have a multitude of capable people here, but we have even more people willing to learn.

I'm not exactly old school, but I've definitely been here long enough to see great artists, players, marketers, mods and just plain old members come and go, usually leaving some form of legacy behind in the teaching of other members or just how they affected their experience of our community.

I know I myself have been influenced and learnt a lot by many people in this community, some who have risen to some prominence and others who do their good for the community without and hope of thanks or the like.

So, to answer your question, no I don't think it has gotten worse, but I don't know if it has gotten better. I think it has changed and that so long as we remember to focus on the good aspects, we'll be just fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!