Toribash
Hmmm.....the M15x/M17x could be a better choice by me

I'll just clear something up, my schooling I mean using like MS Word or some shit like that at home
oi m8 i rekt ur mum last nite
If you're using it at home and don't need to worry about battery life, then yes, get an M17X, it's a beast.

Might I link you to the unofficial alienware laptop forums, they are very helpful and have many tips and etc for alienware laptops. http://forum.notebookreview.com/alienware/
Oh thanks for the site isaac, my mom now think it's a really good laptop...but is still gonna buy me the laptop at the end of my school year (AND IF I GET GOOD GRADES =/ damn)
Holy shit she's buying it FOR you? Like wtf get good grades it's basicly $2k I think good grades is worth that wtf....

I would have gotten the m17X if I could afford it. The M15X plays most games on medium or high. I imagine you will enjoy the M17X.

But if you're just using it for home use, why not get a desktop? You get more bang for your buck.

I got a laptop because I cant afford to keep a desktop at my mom's house, my sister lives over there and mom has a pet rat that chews everything up. I can put my laptop up though where no one touches.

Glad I could help ^^
Erm.. yeah between you and me (and probably the rest of the forum XD) if my mom's away im gonna use it for gaming (unless there's like a project that i have to use) and dont worry bout the money, I'm thinking my dad's cousin from florida could cut it for us *cue evil smirk*
Alright then for sure max out an M17X and check the forums that I linked you if you have any problems, they were the most help for me.

Tell me how it is btw when you get it...