yes
9 Votes / 20.93%
no
26 Votes / 60.47%
idc
8 Votes / 18.60%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Okay when he had ghostwriters, his songs were okay. Then, he was more rapping and less wheezing and choking. Now that he is writing his own stuff, it sounds like a fucking elementary school music project. Sure his voice is pretty cool the first few times you hear it, but now I just wanna turn off the radio.

I also hate how he keeps rapping like he's a god. No. Not even close. Lilwayne is successful only cuz of the teen audience that wants to be ghetto and gangsta just like he does. And when he said he was lookingfirward to jail, I'm pretty sure he just wants to seem less of a pussy. Well I am looking forward to him in jail too. And I hope he gets his scrawny ass raped every single day.

And all the tattoos on his body don't mean shit. Just makes him look like more of an ass.

I agree that he is a big reason why rap is not as good now. At least we still have shady and aftermath records to keep it alive. Trouble is, they aren't as big cuz of guys like Wayne.

Lil Wayne is above average but certainly not as good as the media makes him out to be. He is easily one of the most overrated POS artists right now.

@TheWarning: listen to the songs without any other artists pulling him up. Eminem definitely made Forever great, not Wayne.
Last edited by DarkJak; Mar 2, 2010 at 01:47 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
"what?", "yeah!" and "ok!" are his main text parts. Rap isn't my favorite genre but I like some guys for their playing with the words and at least somewhat intelligent textes. Lil Wayne has nothing of it.
Too bad it's only 8 months though. Hey, T.I. is getting out. He can rap better IMO and at least he isn't a douche.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Then, he was more rapping and less wheezing and choking.

lol you got that right, i don't like him that much just a few songs i like where he has actually tried to be different.
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Lilwayne is successful only cuz of the teen audience that wants to be ghetto and gangsta just like he does.

lol

Btw best mainstream criticism ever by Taalam Acey:

"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
As a long time rap listener, I must say Lil Wayne is a total garbage. Why? He as a poor delivery, he is full of gimmicks, has no content, and he's the type of sell out, pop bubble gum "rapper", that will do anything for the money in detriment of the culture. Sadly he is not the only one, though, as he is surrounded by numerous clowns just like him... The mainstream rap nowadays is a total DISGRACE thanks to these industry puppets! This new generation of "rappers" is the most shameful thing ever since the beginning of the hip hop Era... at least in my opinion.

QFT

Seriously, most mainstream rap is complete garbage, with subject matter for songs having a range of thoughtful and insightful topics such as: Money, hoes.

There is a lot of good rap out there though