Ranking
The first time I saw this clip, I laughed about it. Now that I know it led to his suicide I feel horrible about laughing about it. I feel bad for the guy.

ESPN should have done they're research before airing the clip. If they had known this accident led to his suicide, they would not have tried to pull humor from the clip at all.

The accident isn't something to laugh at. I don't care how "stupid" you tihnk it was for him to attempt the stunt. The fact that it he commited suicide can't be argued.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
Originally Posted by IceShadow View Post
The first time I saw this clip, I laughed about it. Now that I know it led to his suicide I feel horrible about laughing about it. I feel bad for the guy.

ESPN should have done they're research before airing the clip. If they had known this accident led to his suicide, they would not have tried to pull humor from the clip at all.

The accident isn't something to laugh at. I don't care how "stupid" you tihnk it was for him to attempt the stunt. The fact that it he commited suicide can't be argued.

Pardon?
isaac is so dumb.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Pardon?

maybe you should read the rest iceshadow's post before you comment on it.

back on topic, as stated before, ESPN really should have done their research before they released this report. although clips of stunts going wrong can be funny, news reporters are professionals at what they do and are expected to maintain a professional standards of behaving whilst reporting. i find it really disrespectful and insensitive of them to laugh at not just the video clip in question, but any clip they show on television as it could offend people. having a chuckle in private wouldn't be too bad though as it isn't being broadcasted across america, and as i said before; clips of stunts going wrong can be funny.
That show on espn isn't meant to have "news reporters are professionals at what they do and are expected to maintain a professional standards of behaving whilst reporting". They aren't news reporters, their job is too commentate and analyze funny sports videos, hence a lot of laughing.
the god
How the hell did they just laugh? Just looking at the speed he fell made me cringe.
While I wouldn't call this one of the worst slip ups ever since not that many people are aware of it, they definitely needed that apology.

They guy was really reckless though. I think he could made it except that not enough thought went into the landing. Even if he did stay on the bike, the force of the impact, which was pretty close to vertical, woulda knocked his knockers clear off. Landing ramp wasn't out far enough.
Also, did he try smaller jumps first? I'm pretty sure that a jump like that would be far more disorienting than a stationary jump. maybe he woulda seen that a jump like that would be too risky if he failed a smaller version, with only bruising.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I saw that before on a different show. Totally Outrageous Behavior I think.

Hearing this makes me feel bad for laughing. But on topic, yes that is a huge screw up. They need to do their research
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Well, if he knew a thing or 2 about physics he wouldn't have attempted that stunt in the first place.

Of course, there's no way in hell someone is going to be "fine" after dropping from that height with a bike. You'd be lucky to break just a couple bones.

I believe that someone else attempted the same stunt, but did all the math and controlled the speeds exactly and made the jump.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by culapou View Post
That show on espn isn't meant to have "news reporters are professionals at what they do and are expected to maintain a professional standards of behaving whilst reporting". They aren't news reporters, their job is too commentate and analyze funny sports videos, hence a lot of laughing.

Eh, ye, as much as this whole thing sucks I dont really think the "reporters" can be held accountable for laughing, if anything someone behind the scenes who picks the clips should have looked a bit more into the subject.

Also this sort of thing DOES happen all the time, every skateboarding video I have ever seen has had a section devoted to falling, and the more graphic ones are usually in slow motion...what I mean is, it sucks, really fucking bad, but the people laughing in the clip didnt know he killed himself, plus its not like he died IN the video.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Exactly Deady,if he died in the crash,then it would b different. but 1 year later,come on.
If i was there filming i would of laughed also,but only after seeing if he was allright,as a BMX Bandit in my younger days we often crashed and hurt ourselfs,laughing helps distract us from the pain.And another thing,wounds heal and chicks dig scares.

This is a very sad thing to happen,when all he wanted was some fame.
And i dont think it would have been from the injury's,most likely ppl persecution.
but we can speculate all we want, can't we!
My computer beats me at chess,but not at boxing!