Ranking
Originally Posted by PlayerID57 View Post
Why 800watts?

You have a quad core with SLi. That's a lot of juice.

I mean, yeah, you could run it with 450 watts, but your cards probably can't run at peak performance because there isn't enough power to support it. You'd be perfectly safe with a 650 watt supply in that computer, but if you want to upgrade the graphics cards down the road you might want to go higher. Besides, the difference in price between a 650W supply and an 800W supply is only about 40 bucks.

I have a 1.5kW power supply in this machine. Now that's overkill.
Originally Posted by CiaoTime View Post
You have a quad core with SLi. That's a lot of juice.

I mean, yeah, you could run it with 450 watts, but your cards probably can't run at peak performance because there isn't enough power to support it. You'd be perfectly safe with a 650 watt supply in that computer, but if you want to upgrade the graphics cards down the road you might want to go higher. Besides, the difference in price between a 650W supply and an 800W supply is only about 40 bucks.

I have a 1.5kW power supply in this machine. Now that's overkill.

http://www.e-shop.gr/show_per.phtml?id=PER.663424

This one's is 700W, Price is 53 Euros. Easy to afford.
Will it be a difference?

Will it really worth bying?
So you mean the Power supply is the only low on performance, right?
min: Video Card Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT +; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) +. Laptop versions not supported. Integrated chipsets not supported. NOT supported NVIDIA GeForce 7100-7600 GS, GeForce 8300 GS, 8400 GS, 8500 GT or ATI Radeon X1300 or X1550. You Have: GeForce 9500 GT Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations. Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card Required You Have Video RAM 256 MB 1.0 GB 3D Yes Yes Hardware T&L Yes Yes Pixel Shader version 2.0 3.0 Vertex Shader version 2.0 3.0

IT FAIL
NOW THE REC

Video Card Recommended: Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS with 640MB RAM or similar. You Have: GeForce 9500 GT PASS Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card Required You Have Video RAM 640 MB 1.0 GB 3D Yes Yes Hardware T&L Yes Yes Pixel Shader version 3.0 3.0 Vertex Shader version 3.0 3.0
i thingk they have a prob

i fail the min and pass the rec
Originally Posted by PlayerID57 View Post
http://www.e-shop.gr/show_per.phtml?id=PER.663424

This one's is 700W, Price is 53 Euros. Easy to afford.
Will it be a difference?

Will it really worth bying?
So you mean the Power supply is the only low on performance, right?

Well, getting a new graphics card might help... the 8600GT is a little underpowered for Crysis.

But you can't get a new graphics card on a 450w supply anyways, so what I'd do is buy the power supply now and see if that helps your performance. If it does, great. If it doesn't, buy one of those fancy DX11 ATi cards or a 280GTX or wait a month for the GeForce 300s to come out. Your CPU's fine.
The only problem you have is that two 8600GT's still don't perform as well as a mid-range card today. That's why you're only getting 15-20 fps on high, that's all that your graphics cards can handle.
The problem with Quad Cores and gaming is that most of the games can`t efficiently use multiple cores. They only use 1 core.So it`s like you would have a 2.4 single core.
Proud member of [Pandora]
lol ur wrong sigle core =1core
quad core = 4core

a quad core 2.4ghz is about 5.8Ghz in single core

try crysis on the same specs pc but on a 1core 3ghz and a 4core cpu 3ghz
with 1 wins YES the 4core 1
I was saying that the games aren`t optimized to run on multiple cores. So they use only one of the 4 available, which means only 2.4GHz.
Proud member of [Pandora]