Ranking
Originally Posted by jaredvcxz View Post
So anyways, I heard that they were going to make a way to make the PS3 play PS2 games, does that have truthiness?

Past PS3 releases were able to emulate or play PS2 games, but that feature has been removed from the newest consoles.
As far as I know, the PS3 Slim won't have backwards compatibility.
Originally Posted by Drakhir View Post
Past PS3 releases were able to emulate or play PS2 games, but that feature has been removed from the newest consoles.
As far as I know, the PS3 Slim won't have backwards compatibility.

I think you're a bit confused. The old ps3s had no way of playing PS2 games except for 20 of the later titles. You're probably thinking of the PS1 compatibility.
i liek turtelz xd
It looks horrible.
IT'S NOT EVEN SHINEY?! This is outrageous.

Anyway @ jared, they had the feature, like drakhir said, but it was removed in the newer versions.

I'm totally keeping my fat one, it's way sexier and doesn't make noise at all.
Last edited by Mapleleaf; Aug 20, 2009 at 07:38 PM.
xbox is still better, but they both suck...

id perfer the n64... it has better games and its more fun to play
Ryan: You cant beat Snoop Dog StellarNinja: I have a song with an electric bagpipe solo Ryan: ... FUCKING PLAY IT
I guess it depends on how often you use it, maybe?

Well i use it pretty often because for the longest time it was the only newer console i had. The only other console of that generation i have was the Dreamcast and you know what happened to it.

Maybe you got a faulty one.
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
I think you're a bit confused. The old ps3s had no way of playing PS2 games except for 20 of the later titles. You're probably thinking of the PS1 compatibility.

Nope. The first and second generation of PS3's had backwards compatibility (through hardware or software emulation). The PS1 compatibility has been available to all models.

Originally Posted by Mapleleaf View Post
It looks horrible.
IT'S NOT EVEN SHINEY?! This is outrageous.

I'm totally keeping my fat one, it's way sexier and doesn't make noise at all.

But it's so badass, bro. :v
Shit, no backwards compatibility? Then I wont spend a dime.

Also,

My 80gb MGS4 Ps3 Bundle [Now Discontinued, afaik] Can play all ps2 and ps1 games.

Ill keep the fatty :O

[RAWR]
========ROYALRAINBOW========