Toribash
Addition to the energy theory: If u donate an organ or w/e, you don't experience anything that the person you donated it to does.

That's my Logic towards that. (And a TL;DR of solax and shook's adds?)
"Do you explore the unknown or are you afraid of losing your throne?" I am Soon.
Reincarnation, hell/heaven, a black void of nothingness, are a few of the things that we can only prove by experiencing it, I say that we should not worry what is after death, and live life.
There's literally no way to know (or maybe to ever know) the answer to a question like this. I used to get quite depressed about this kind of stuff. As far as most people are concerned, they have answered questions like this 'logically', i.e: "There is no evidence of the afterlife and so when we die we probably become nothing".

That's fine, except you're making just as many assumptions as the person who does believe in the afterlife "there's no evidence against it!". This kind of unresolvability is what makes arguments about faith (not so much the practice of said faith, however) completely meaningless and also what causes arguments like that to go on forever.

As such, the only really logical place you can stand on the subject is to be agnostic about it. For me, the answer to these questions is always "I don't know, but I bet it will be the best possible solution".
yeah, just like fear said, the afterlife could be literally anything

i had a dream about getting shot by some islam dude and becoming a ghost afterwards
lmao it was pretty sad, knowing that you can't really die at the end and you're unable to communicate with anyone

people talk about their "ideal afterlife" but there's just a lot of possibilities
Originally Posted by Shook View Post
I don't think there is anything after you die, hence why you have all the reason in the world to live life to its fullest, and make sure that people remember you for all the good you did. But, think of it like this: Can you remember the billions of years before you were born? Nope. Being dead is probably exactly like that. It's a depressing thought, and one that's extremely difficult to grasp properly, but hey, better than eternal damnation for having committed a few sins. :v (but wayyyyyyy worse than eternal paradise)

It's really not possible to know anything about it yet, though. Once you die, you're dead, and there's no coming back from that to tell people about it. Memento mori and all that jazz. Would it be neat if there was some kind of non-terrible afterlife? Absolutely, but i personally wouldn't count on it.

Exactly bro, I have a lyric I wrote once that exactly replicates the theory put forward here:

"Well, if there's nothing there after death,
Then I guess it's just the same as the time before I was here,
So Imma get me a beer, sit and dissipate all of the fear, inner veneer, bring it all here, listen with ears"

The last bit is just irrelevant flow, but the previous lines explain what I think of the afterlife.
There's going to be nothing yet that's NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, since you're not worried about all of the billions of years you missed BEFORE your birth, then you shouldn't be worried about all the eventuating years to come after you die.
lol
not really related but a tip for lyric writing - don't put unnecessary lyrics in, your theme and probably your tone will become blurry
Apparently a near death experience just triggers a brain trip before you die so you're not really "leaving your body" or anything like that it's just a mind trip before you die or something like that I dpn't know the details as I seen the video ages ago... but to be perfectly honest no one knows and can say with 100% certainty where we will go when we die

and if there were a god there would be no heaven for humans we are nothing but destructive.
you'll have to rise above the best and prove yourself, your spirit never dies.
When we think about it with healthy logic, there is no end. Every end is the beginning of something new.
In our terrestrial system the sequence between end and beginning is not mentioned.
So maybe you live your life for your soul(yourself) to enjoy this sequence ?
Enjoint life
Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
Apparently a near death experience just triggers a brain trip before you die so you're not really "leaving your body" or anything like that it's just a mind trip before you die or something like that I dpn't know the details as I seen the video ages ago... but to be perfectly honest no one knows and can say with 100% certainty where we will go when we die

"just a brain trip"

for all we know the trip is more real than the world you live in.

also I think the theory you're thinking of involves the brain releasing DMT in near death experiences. there isn't really enough research on the topic to speculate, tho it is an interesting substance.
Last edited by RAAAGE; Oct 13, 2016 at 03:30 PM. Reason: I like boobs ok
truth is no one knows what happens when we die and one ever will, we cannot speak to the dead so it's a mystery we will never be able to find out

same with religion. I personally don't believe in god. I always thought it was a way to control people back in ancient times. but each is to their own.

to be honest, when we die I think just that happens, we are no more the only thing left is our corpse. but that's my view on the matter
-----
Originally Posted by RAAAGE View Post
"just a brain trip"

for all we know the trip is more real than the world you live in.

also I think the theory you're thinking of involves the brain releasing DMT in near death experiences. there isn't really enough research on the topic to speculate, tho it is an interesting substance.

it was on some documentary I don't know if it's plausible, but more realistic than most theories I have heard
Last edited by Ravager; Oct 15, 2016 at 03:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
you'll have to rise above the best and prove yourself, your spirit never dies.