Toribash
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post

An RPG with a shit story will suck (however having the story force itself on you is just as bad *glares at the FF series*)

dont go dissing the FF series >,>...

its not just the controls. even though its a keyfactor of a game, its the genre combined with the gameplay that makes a game either good or bad.

World of Warcraft (jaja dont go hatin) is a very nice RPG
Whilst Call of Duty (mainly talking about 4) is one of the better shooter's

tbh genre's are there for a reason.
I lol'd at the CoD being "one for the better shooters" bit, go play some 90s/early 2000s FPS' & see how it should be done. ;) CoD is average. I can't emphasize that enough, and with 26 years of gaming under my belt I've played a shit load of FPS, as well as being a former competitive FPS player.

I'm not going to comment on WoW or MMOs, I don't play them. As much as I hate WoW for turning friends into hermits even I have to admit they must be doing something right.

Genre however doesn't make a good game, it just dictates if a person is likely to play it or not. It is after all only a classification of game type. Just because a game's genre is FPS doesn't mean it will be good.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
The only things I give a hoot about are
-balance
-support after release.

I'm not talking about dlc's, I'm talking about updates. This is why I absolutely love tf2. rather then release a new edition every year, they just say "Oh, you already have it? here, have some more maps, weapons, and graphics" . That game is a perfect example of a good game (obviously minus story. It's there, you just have to dig deep)
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
- Good Multi-player gameplay

- Nice choice of weapons

- Good voices, (Like you said) One of the things i hate about op 7 is the retarded voices

- Smooth Gameplay

That pretty much makes for a good game.

That stuff is pretty much for fps games, i dont really know anything about Mmorpg's
Team America|7th Dan|
The main things i care for to rate the game is:

- The Community
- The Storyline
- The Forum
- The Graphics
- The Options
- Online lag

Games like CoD are pretty good because there graphics are excellent and the storyline is about a unit going to save the day, games like that i recommend.
hi.
1. Gameplay - I like my gameplay smooth and not choppy, not so smooth that it feels like a random ass arcade. I guess I like gritty, but smooth gameplay

2. I don't care about controls, but for FPS, RPGs, and any other, there is a standard, so I would expect them to be similar to their genre.

3. Graphics a certain points such as scripted events should look neat, and memorable.

Hell, graphics could look like DOOM, but if the story kicks ass I would play the shit out of it.
What I'm looking forward to is an FPS/RPG that isn't like fallout. Hell, you could throw a bunch of zombies in it and out do L4D.