Toribash
I signed up for beta also, waiting on it.

My steam ID is 2worlds499 if any of you wanna add me
-----
And my profile name (the one you can change) is SKAPPADABADUBIBUDIEMBABENDUDIL
Last edited by 2worlds; Aug 18, 2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
A clone (sequel?) of a clone of a clone?

Not sure if Valve can deliver something unique and worthwhile, especially if they have to actually listen to IceFrog (in every source except their "official press releases" everyone says he is an arrogant dick).

Ah well, it would be harsh to hate a game just because it is a shameless rip + unethical, so I will wait till I get my hands on it...
Originally Posted by Gormen View Post
A clone (sequel?) of a clone of a clone?

Not sure if Valve can deliver something unique and worthwhile, especially if they have to actually listen to IceFrog (in every source except their "official press releases" everyone says he is an arrogant dick).

Ah well, it would be harsh to hate a game just because it is a shameless rip + unethical, so I will wait till I get my hands on it...

I don't quite understand what you mean by a sequel of a clone of a clone. DotA 2 cannot be a rip-off of anything because it is being made specifically by icefrog to represent DotA, valve is just there to advertise and provide the better engine/graphics.
In all honestly I think this game should be b2p, we're reaching to an age where free to play will be ruling the game market pretty soon. So developers would need to reveal a new method to earn the budget from their game if they really want to earn something.
| GATA | Guild Wars 2 | Anime United |
I wouldn't really mind buy to play, it will filter out a lot of the people who are first coming to a moba game and pair me up with some people that atleast have a better chance of knowing what they're doing.

Also, i've been watching all of the matches in the tournament, if you guys want to check out the finals tomorrow for the million dollar tourney at gamescon then head over to this link!
http://dota2.com/tournaments/international/

(i'm rooting for Na 'Vi
Last edited by Lume; Aug 23, 2011 at 07:37 AM.
I can't really watch it live in CA, it's 1am here when that happens. I'm trying to sleep early for school :P
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Yea, I'm too lazy to watch them all :P
I am going to watch the grand finals live though, I can garuntee that. When are they going to stream that? Tonight?
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
I don't quite understand what you mean by a sequel of a clone of a clone. DotA 2 cannot be a rip-off of anything because it is being made specifically by icefrog to represent DotA, valve is just there to advertise and provide the better engine/graphics.

Valve bought IceFrog so they could use the name "DotA", so I still consider it a ripoff. IceFrog does no actual work on DotA2, and most of the devs dislike his arrogance and lack of design knowledge. I know from experience with him that he likes to generate hype but neglects quality (check out the code for DotA: Allstars if you want proof ;)). IceFrog is not building DotA, Valve is.

IceFrog did not make DotA: Allstars, he inherited it from others. DotA: Allstars was an un-official continuation of DotA, which became practically unplayable because of WC3 versioning.

DotA itself was made to compete with AotZ and DoE (among others). Far before that was the original father, AoS.

Thus; DotA 2 is a ripoff of DotA: Allstars which is a ripoff of DotA which is a ripoff of DoE and AotZ which are ripoffs of AoS in the first place.

And as you said, the aim was to create a clone of DotA: Allstars with better graphics... I don't see how good that could possibly be.