Toribash
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
Although if it was a monitor failure it would power on right?

Correct, no clue what Gorman is talking about. If your PC isn't powering on, there is no way that it is because your monitor or video cable isn't working; that makes no sense.

As I said before, please go ahead and follow the steps I've given you, then get back to us.
Like I said, it's very unlikely the mobo is fried because obviously the entire mobo can't be fried or it wouldn't boot at all. You know how rare it is for a mobo to be fried in such a way that only the PCI won't work? I've never heard of it personally lol.
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
Although if it was a monitor failure it would power on right?

Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
Correct, no clue what Gorman is talking about.

Depends on the problem, there are several things that can cause a computer not to boot when a monitor is plugged in. Shorted pins is probably the most common cause, but it's certainly not the only.

It's more common than you'd think, google something like "computer won't turn on with monitor plugged in" and you will probably find thousands of threads about it lol.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Feb 5, 2016 at 06:26 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I didn't tried it yet kyure, but I'm going to do it later.
Anyway.. Where is the led on mobo anyway? I can't find it, do you mean the led on the power button
It's usually either near the 24 pin connector or the CMOS battery - either way it's on the physics motherboard. You can check your mobo manual for details. Turn your computer on in a dark room and you should be able to spot it.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff