Toribash
Holy shit.

So, not that long ago geo hot posts a rap video about sony.

Course, he provides a download link to the .mp3 for everyone, nothing special about that right?

Turns out, he put the keys to the 3.56 firmware in the files content. Which allow for the 3.56 firmware to be completely hacked again. Just like the 3.55. Noone had thought he would do that, so the files, and the keys are all over the internet now.

This guy is a fucking genius.
Ha ha ha, Sony must be mad now. He played them again, wow he is good. Apparently he has been asked/paid to hack the new windows phone or something like that.
It was over twitter the CEO said something like "@geohot wanna do cool stuff on the w7 phone? Email me and ill have one sent to you"

Google it if you want the exact quote.
Hiding the keys in the mp3 you say?
Geohot you sneaky pirate you.

How did he do it?

Originally Posted by matcool98 View Post
tht sucks those hackers can go to hell how can they do tht

They can do this, because they purchased their own device. It's theirs, and they can do whatever they want with it.
Originally Posted by up2u View Post
Oh boy, Sony has your IP address if you went to Geohot's website.
http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new...s_geohots_site

Good thing I have Norton.

http://ps3crunch.com/watched-geohot-...ny-coming.html

Or his youtube videos.

On another note, sony/german police raided graf_chokolo's house. And he's now being sued for ~1,000,000 euros. Don't you think thats a bit extreme?
That was a while back.
BTW, Sony finally got round to banning people on PSN. Keep off PSN all you 3.55 cfw users. Yes it's possible to get on with 3.55, but I'm not saying how because it's illegal.
Also why is Sony particularly interested in the IP addresses of people who downloaded the jailbreak.zip file (how can they tell anyway? It just logs the IP not the pages visited doesn't it?) when Geohot specifically made it so that it doesn't allow for piracy?
Sony's just going over the top. Somewhat like a child having a tantrum because their favourite toy got broken.