Ranking
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump, ba-bump...

Got the game around a month ago. Now I've got 19 hours on it and I've beaten the full game twice (killed Mom's heart, that is) ;o

I really like roguelikes so this was something I had to have, especially since it costs only 5 € from Steam.
Gotta love the black humor. I laughed really hard when I got Max's head (crying Isaac -> Found Max's head! -> Isaac cries a lot, getting a tear power-up)
The soundtrack is great, too. I bought it along with the game and the DLC, lovin' the music for the Caves ;o

Just beat the game with Judas. I had full speed and full fire rate and really hot damage. Was rather easy to beat everything.
well, on to the depths of The Binding of Isaac again. Brimstone + Pony = Power!!

EDIT: rofl just finished the second challenge, 7 Years Bad Luck. I had explosive shots (also got quad shot but the explosive ones overwrote them), the Halo (all stats up), Ghost Baby, second phase of Meat Boy and Parasite Shot (shots get split to two when it hits an enemy, a wall or a rock or anything similar). Everything died so quickly, there was no sign of any unluckiness. Well, that's one challenge down... ;o

did u got the addon thingy wrath of the lamb too? much much much more fun with it!
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Yeah music is awesome ^^
Found myself listening to "The clubbing of isac" for about an hour, but what i like most about it is the graphics, it's so nice to see a game with a bit of enthusiasm from the developers.
Best game since Chrono Trigger.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
did u got the addon thingy wrath of the lamb too? much much much more fun with it!

Yeah. Some of the new bosses are freakin' hard. Especially the Widow - and it appears in the basement/cellar >_>

In case someone's missed it, there's gonna be a remake of The Binding of Isaac called The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. It's gonna be made for at least the PS3 along with PC.
it's not just a remake, there'll be a "Wrath-sized expansion" - more secret levels, more enemies, more items etc..
more here

in other news, I killed mom's heart the third time as Cain this time. damn I'm on a roll
Originally Posted by JellyNinja View Post
Rofl, you must have missed a lot of games! :3

Best game since i played Chrono Trigger, i guess. So maybe a year ago. (I know, i should choose my words better, sowwy).
But yeah, i shouldn't say best, but there's a certain creativity and effort, a sort of feeling from the developers. That they didn't make the game for others to like it, but that they liked it themselves. That's what Chrono Trigger had, and The Binding of Isaac had it too.
I saw the same thing in Bioshock, watching a gameplay of it, and i saw it in Portal.

But something like that doesn't really interest big game developers, they're not interested in creativity, only thing that drives them forward is the profit, which makes me kinda sad.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
You guys make me want to play the game again!

I left it after unlocking It Lives! and now feel like playing again....
Anyway, I love getting Ipecac (bomb tears) and just about any flying upgrade. I find being able to fly makes the game significantly easier, especially since pits can't keep items away from you and any damaging floors can't hurt you.
Can't say I like any of the other characters other than Isaac though, although I have unlocked them all. Well, maybe Eve but she's got really poor damage.
Yeah, I actually did buy it just a few weeks ago, and I'm really glad I did.
The soundtrack, however, just melts my ears. So I'd have to say that's my favorite part of the game.
Originally Posted by Skolfe View Post
The soundtrack, however, just melts my ears. So I'd have to say that's my favorite part of the game.

I must say, I like the BGM for the "alternate" levels (e.g. Cellar/Necropolis) much more than the originals. Makes me wonder what they'll do for the console release.

EDIT: Well, just started up the game again and played a round that went fantastic. Found the Dr.Fetus item near the beginning and it was all uphill from there - apart from picking up the Dead Cat, which was a mistake. Went on to beat the boss of the Cathedral after turning into ??? with little to no problems.
Last edited by 4zb41; Apr 15, 2013 at 02:23 PM.
40 hours put on this game now.

just some boasting with a few spoilers here and there

Last edited by Tonakai; Apr 23, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
..huh
That's kinda scary, i was just playing Time Fcuk when i read that article. I had no idea that it was the same author.

So, fav item? (Trying to start some kind of discussion i guess).
Mine is Technology, easy. It makes skele knights so much easier, and those knights are probably my most feared enemy :x