Toribash
I also have C4D, but i'm not quite sure how to use it, I play around with it every now and then, but that's it.
There are dozens of tutorials for each aspect of c4d , I managed to make a octo blob character in 15 min just because of one tutorial I found. Just google some and you would be surprised . I will post it later on maybe .
I'd appreciate it if you would TR
Although i've never had much luck with following tutorials but i'm always looking forward to trying :3
Heres the cartoon octopus tutorial I used http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHjDez96E6c

She goes quick but follow it step by step slowly . She doesnt mention that when you do the matrix excrusion , you click and hold the mouse close to the point that you have highlighted so you can extend the polygons slowly . Oh and you dont have to highlight all the polygons too, you can do one section at a time if you want .

Go to 4dfrog.com to look up the basic tutorial , this guy shows you everything you need to know to start off . Trust me , its very helpfull.
Moving on ... do any of you guys have favorite quotations? Do share them with us. Usually I'm not the biggest supporter of using them, since it's very rare that my views on a subject correlate so strongly with what the original author meant.

I think my absolute favorite one would be by Jack London(1876-1916), it really reflects my views to a very large extent:

"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."
One of three leaders of [Hunters]. Chat? Identify yourself: https://discord.gg/ZHdJfAT
I'm really surprised you think that. Didn't expect you to misunderstand. The "YOLO swag" bullshit is spread around by retarded teenagers who use it to justify doing undescribably moronic things in an attempt to impress their equally retarded peers. They do not possess the mental capacity to understand this quote(or anything from Jack London, for that matter). Also, did you not pay attention to the time period this man lived in? Long before retarded 21 century teenagers. For most intents and purposes, you can safely ignore everything that a vast majority of teenagers have to say/write/tweet/tumbr/instagram if you want to save your braincells and not end up hating humanity.

Oversimplifiying, the basic message is that 1 exciting day beats thousands of boring ones. Not exciting in the sense that some stupid kid gets drunk/high, attempts to kill him/herself, gets saved by a society that is too lenient and doctors that should have let him/her die - and counts that as a "good time". It is useless to live a thousand years and yet do nothing with your time. A huge pillar of flames that lasts 3 minutes is preferable to an ember that glows for years. Really, if you can't understand what he meant by that quote, I doubt I can phrase it better than he did. Didn't really think I'd need to explain this.

P.S: It is quite possible that you got what I meant, but really, comparing "YOLO swag" to Jack London is distasteful. They do not belong in the same realm.
One of three leaders of [Hunters]. Chat? Identify yourself: https://discord.gg/ZHdJfAT
I loved London's "To Build a Fire", I thought it was an excellent short story. Also, I think I read "Call of the Wild" as a kid, not sure if London wrote that as well.

Ok, so in my US History class I noticed that my teacher basically skipped over WWI, and when I asked him why he skipped over WWI after class he said that I'd learn in next year in European History, because the United States really had no involvement in it. Now that I think about it, I don't really think Americans should take credit for WWII, either.

I know that D-Day is one of the only events Americans remember in WWII, but the British and Russians did most of the dirty work throughout the war. The Royal Navy and RAF helped in the transport of Brits and Americans during the storming of the beaches. Plus, only 2 of the 5 beach sieges were American, there were 2 British and 1 Canadian. Plus, the British captured Pegasus Bridge, which is just before the beaches, with no help from the Americans.

The American army also never had any decisive victory over the Germans before Berlin. The major turning point of the war was Stalingrad, and that was handled by the Russians. The second greatest battle would be the second battle of El Alamein, which was won by the British 8th (?) Regiment.

I know the Americans pretty much handled the Japanese exclusively, but I don't think the Japanese were of much threat had we not sent slow, cumbersome aircraft carriers overseas where soldiers would be vulnerable to kamikazee attacks. Had the Americans began immediately with incendiary strikes and city bombings, we could've forced Japan's surrender much faster than we did.
Last edited by SilentAssassin; Oct 21, 2012 at 08:05 PM.
The thing is, you have to look after that, to the conferences of Yalta and Potsdam, which were close to the end of WWII in Europe and after WWII in Europe, respectively. At Yalta, Roosevelt tried to keep the peace between the Allies, and was very kind to everyone, including Stalin. Churchill also did the same. In this sense, the Americans did do something important. However, when Truman came along, he messed up badly, stating that the USA had a super weapon. Stalin already knew because of his espionage, so did not make that much of a reaction, and he also thought the Americans would never use such a horrific weapon. Needless to say, he was wrong.

But back to the war. The Americans only entered at the end of both wars, but them entering is the only reason the Allied Powers won (arguably). At both times, supplies were running low and tensions were running high, so a new powerful ally did help to win the war. In the case of Berlin, yes, the USA did not do much, it was mostly the USSR. And where you said that the USA could have taken over Japan quickly, I beg to differ. The Japanese would never surrender, they would always fight to the death. Therefore, there were many discussions as to what should be done. If they had fought straight on, many more Americans would have died. Plus, the Americans had to island hop from Hawaii to Japan, quite a large distance.

But I see your point, and I would conclude that the USA helped the war effort indirectly by providing supplies and such in Europe, but handled Japan "exclusively" (The USSR was bound to help by the Potsdam Conference).
My kicks will give you U-NO-POO.
Hunters - Trespassers will be pwned.
Haha, you guys are saying stuff all about my homework.
I do not know which war it was but in one war, the Germans kept on attacking the cousts of America. At the time the Americans had pretty much no army what so ever.
But just in a couple of weeks they build-up their army, build big aircraft carriers submarines etc. Then attacked Germany and pretty much finished the war.
Impressing thing is they build up an army in pretty much notime.

This might have been WWI if im not mistaken.
[Hunters]