Toribash
Hey people, I was having a lot of fun in SP since I got active again and thought I might as well apply.

I was in this org before but I assume I got kicked for inactivity or something.

All 3 are madmans (madmen??)
Attached Files
Routine.rpl (281.6 KB, 11 views)
NO I AM NOT FAT.rpl (234.6 KB, 12 views)
000dizzy misuse.rpl (189.8 KB, 12 views)
Last edited by Shockwave; Nov 4, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
Talk your shit, be yourself
play the cards that you've been dealt. -E-Dubble

Hxcbbqimo: you're german
Hxcbbqimo: so you don't count
patrickooo;

- alphabeto: The opening kick was meh at best, if you want manip hits make uke go a bit higher. The next part took forever to do, speed things up to keep the viewer interested. I honestly thought the replay ended there. The transition to the body could be much smoother and fluid. You have to remember to use all your body parts to make a successful replay. Next few hits were pretty good, really liked the last few hits.

- meh: Your hits are decent, but make sure you are moving all your body parts. In this replay you are moving like 5 body parts at a time at most. also you were twitching and doing a lot of random movements.

epic boom: That boom was nice, but your overall movement was terrible.

You are not ready yet, so what I'd suggest is work on your movement it is as important as the destruction. You need a balance of the two. Keep making replays, you'll learn and grow. So try coming back in 2-3 weeks and you'll be ready, I'm sure of it.

So No.

----------

Psyco96;

Murder she screamed: Opener was ok, then you went all limp on me, that doesn't look very nice. The next few things didn't look very good, I'm fine with grab dm's but your movement wasn't good. Try getting higher speeds for your dm's, it makes it much easier dms are less messy, and you can boom very easily.

Double punch: The first spin was meh, try not to ghost when going for realism it's not good. the rest was alright I guess. Try and keep flow going in realism replays it gives you that extra amount of speed so you can go for other tricks and whatnot.

headkick2: This was cool in my opinion, opener was great spin was decent, but the only problem I had with this is that in the spin you waited until you got to the head, that makes your tori look very stiff in mid air which is supposed to be the highlight of your replay.

Pretty good, but not good enough I'm afraid.

No.

----------

Shockwave;

Routine: I'm liking the oldschool style of replays, those hits and dms were nice in my opinion looked good. The ending skeets were cool. But in this day and age of replay making people tend to look down on grab dms I don't know why, but they do. Don't let that discourage you if this is your style.

NO I AM NOT FAT: Lol'd at the title, but anyways like the first replay hits and dms were alright, but try making them look a bit cleaner if you know what I mean. There are many good chances for booms in that replay, you should use them.

000dizzy misuse: Opener was pretty stiff, but the decap was good. after that you could try and get both pecs in that punch thing, I think it'd look great. But you broke the other pec with your head... That doesn't look good. rest was average.

Try going for booms, instead of only single dms. I know you have an older style of replay making I get that, but you still have things to work on. Also try and get some good flow going if you can, it'll help alot.

You may have gotten in back in the day, but it's a new age so try again next time.

Your close though, so maybe try again next week and we'll see where it takes us.

No.
Last edited by MrJingles; Nov 5, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Thank you for the very constructive feedback, I really appreciate it.

One question though: Does that mean I could be able to join even if I keep my old "style"? I personally don't see why grabbing is so frowned upon. You can get so much more force out of single hits if you use it correctly. I'm uploading an example replay of what I mean. Notice how the rest of my body doesn't move at all as I'm pulling myself towards uke and the leg gets all the attention to land an epic hit.

I am in no way arguing about this, just questioning the new style of making replays.

EDIT: Also 2000 posts, fuck yes.
Attached Files
000twist and turn.rpl (107.3 KB, 8 views)
Last edited by Shockwave; Nov 6, 2012 at 07:51 PM.
Talk your shit, be yourself
play the cards that you've been dealt. -E-Dubble

Hxcbbqimo: you're german
Hxcbbqimo: so you don't count
You can still get in with your older style.

There are tons of players in this org with oldschool style
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
I mean, I'm not personally against grabbing because I do my fair share of my myself, but when you are always constantly holding onto uke, and kicking him, it makes the replay less enjoyable.
I usually only grab uke if I'm looking for a 3ish-4 up boom hit. Not for a single dismember, or 2.
And if you plan on doing a fair share of grabbing in the replay, make sure that each hit has at least 3 dismembers, even if it is scattershotted over a few frames.
Hi, i'm better right now.
hope i'll in.
Attached Files
17april-Angry Cows.rpl (347.0 KB, 24 views)
17april-Miracle v.2.rpl (252.2 KB, 21 views)
"People become stronger cause there are memories they won't forget."
^ Yes.

\o/
Yea congrats 17april!

Go get yourself a title, but not something stupid.

Or you will be kicked and banned.

And then kicked again.

;o