Toribash
Yea btw thank you aakash. Also if anyone wants to trade me some stacks of normal stone or dirt blocks for Shadowmail Greaves/Enchanted Boomerang/Vilethorn let me know. I need to get to some floating islands >.<

Edit: Nvm I should be fine with what I have now.
Last edited by JesseD; May 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM.
Originally Posted by Bio View Post
Shut up. All there is to say is to shut up. terraria is in fact a lot like minecraft FROM A QUICK GLANCE. But after you play it, you realize terraria is much more cruel, has more enemies, and MUCH more to do. Minecraft : survive, terraria : dungeon explore, explore the underworld, floating island, the corruption, face bosses. While terraria was inspired by minecraft, it is a very different game. Minecraft is almost a COMPLETE rip from infiminer.

You are the one to talk,since this game is a Zelda/Minecraft clone.One of the stupid things about it is that you can go only back or forward to explore.Minecraft on the other hand is HUGE.It will take you over 1600 hours to travel the whole minecraft world if you move straightly in one direction.Also the main point about minecraft is dungeons too,since they are the only way to get minerals like diamonds.I'd rather pay 20$ for the real Minecraft with rich choices of skins,mods and texture packs instead for a cheaper version of it.
Originally Posted by hipotibor View Post
You are the one to talk,since this game is a Zelda/Minecraft clone.One of the stupid things about it is that you can go only back or forward to explore.Minecraft on the other hand is HUGE.It will take you over 1600 hours to travel the whole minecraft world if you move straightly in one direction.Also the main point about minecraft is dungeons too,since they are the only way to get minerals like diamonds.I'd rather pay 20$ for the real Minecraft with rich choices of skins,mods and texture packs instead for a cheaper version of it.

Minecraft isn't as much about exploration as it is building. Terraria is more of a rpg and exploration game. Furthermore this game isn't Minecraft nor a fake Minecraft, so to say you'd rather pay $20 for the "real" Minecraft is an incorrect statement. Although some of the game elements in Terraria are inspired by Minecraft, they are two completely different games.
hey anyone need starfury, lucky horseshoe, red ballon , boomerang, musket?
ill trade these for some hearts and mana crystals

"[11:17pm] Thorn: I'm gonna have to ask you to stop being so productive"
Originally Posted by hipotibor View Post

I love people like you because you are obviously right since over half of the Minecraft players and even notch himself said he loves this game and that it is completely different from minecraft. You hear THAT, even the creator of minecraft said it's not a clone, wow!

Also, if you didn't know, dungeons in minecraft are the cubes surrounded by mossy cobblestone in the ground, you find hardly no minerals in them besides the rare iron ignots.

Exploration? Terraria has a great map generator, I LOVE the cave systems and could care less if I can't explore them in the "rich 3D enviroment minecraft has, obviously making it a good game".

Explore the minecraft world for hours? That's probably because it is infinitely generated and takes up far less space to create a world becauce the actual blocks/chunks take up tons less space.

Terraria world too small for you? Create a large world, they are 16000x8000 blocks horizontal/vertical (iirc) and get this, you can carry over your character and lose nothing to another world! It amazes me!

Here is you, not being able to enjoy both games and realize that they are very different and then here is me, along with most of the online communities, enjoying Terraria AND Minecraft because we're not as stingy as to call it a clone.

If you want me to explain my points as to why I think they are completely different and why, as well as my self, think terraria is a great game and even possibly the minecraft successor, then feel free to ask.

(if you couldn't tell, I play both, I have a minecraft alpha account and I've hosted servers on it for over a year. So think before you try and call this a biased post.)
No more ranting. Minecraft is minecraft, Terraria is Terraria, let's leave it at that.
Back for good.
Fuck yeah, found my second meteorite today. I'm about 30 meteorite bars from a set of armor for it ;_;

I'm gonna have to go find a dungeon and hunt for dynamite in it to do anything else >_>
Originally Posted by 4zb41 View Post
Just got the game yesterday.

I learnt to never, EVER talk to old men.

Really? I that's wierd, I talk to him around noon everyday.

Side tip, anyone looking for floating islands, make sure you remove your bridges when your done. I had a meteor crash into my bridge, so I got like 10 meteorite from it