Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Daven's Quarry

Serah perks up a little bit more, what could warrant such a question. Does he know of her mother? Is she in danger?

She slips her hand to under her pillow where she stashed one of her daggers when no one was looking.

Her mind races, moving a mile a minute. Are they going to turn on me? Am I over thinking? Can I trust anyone here?

"I don't know, why do you ask." Serah says not permitting her thoughts to show.

Her mind goes into overdrive plotting her possible escape.

Cael

Naudius has to fight his immediate urge to put his knife in the man's back.

If only Naudia were here he thinks, she was always so much better with people.
Naudius thinks, What to do. What to do. OH The Dragon is moving so he must be recruiting, That is my in. The young soldier shall live as though he were worth anything, and the old spy will pretend to be near worthless. Interesting Indeed.

Naudius finds a notable landmark and hides anything that might give him away as something more then a old farmer save as many daggers as he can conceal. He then approaches another soldier under the guise of being a farmer.

"Sir, I am here to join up and deliver a message. Where would I find Commander Dragon?" Naudius asks in the least threatening way possible.

Little bit out of practice, but should be enough.
<Vox> meh, you never end up anywhere in computer
<Vox> you are just where ever you are
---------------
<avwave> its always fun to eat a polymorph ring
<avwave> unless you morph into a basilisk in a room full of mirrors
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Daven's Quarry
Bruce notices her nuances. He is still, unthreatening and calm.
"I don't know how to say this, but she's dead. Killed by a guard."
-----
Daven's Quarry
Bruce notices her nuances. He is still, unthreatening and calm.
"I don't know how to say this, but she's dead. Killed by a guard."
Last edited by Ray; May 28, 2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Cael

The man's eyes flicker side to side.
"Sorry, I don't understand your question. The Dragon? He's somewhere in the east, last I heard."
Daven's Quarry

Serah's mind calms slightly. Though she doesn't release the knife under her pillow

"That sounds about right. Probably did something obnoxiously showy and didn't give herself an escape route." Serah shrugs slightly.

"I suppose this does mean I will not hear her disapproval and incessant groaning about my life choices in the future."

Cael

Naudius sighs.

"Please sir, they burned my farm, I have nothing left, I beg of you, I have a bit of experience...I..I could show you!?" Naudius says pleaing

He knows the plan is unlikely to work but he only sees another option or so before resorting to his blade. Innocent lives may have to be lost simply to 'gather information' this is indeed delicate and pathetic.
---------------
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Daven's Quarry
Bryce raises a brow
"Escape? And you can stay your blade by the way."
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

Cael

"Cut the act, I know what you're doing. You aren't a poor farmer, you're just trying to get into things you have no business even thinking about. You'll be wise to accept that there is nothing here and go on about your business before you find yourself in a... regretful situation."

The man turns to walk away.
Daven's Quarry

Serah immediately realizes her mistake and goes rigid for a split second.

"To be fair now that you've put two and two together, Ill keep my knife thank you very much." Serah says with a hint of hostility.

"If I have to fight my way out of here I assure you, You'll be the first to go."

Cael

Naudius glares at the man and swoops up behind him drawing a knife and pushing it slightly into the mans back.

"Now, I was trying to do this as nicely as possible, I need to see him and initially did not want to cut a bloody goddamn swath to him. I am here on business that is infinitely more important then the one guard I would have to kill to get to the man. Those things I find you would have no business even thinking about. As for the threat, what ever could you mean by 'regretful situation'?" Naudius whispers into the mans earn with the most sinister tone possible.

He has lost all patience with this. It used to be just kill whoever to get the job done. Never mind collateral damage, everyone expendable. He will kill the soldier if he has to and feel no remorse hell, he might do it if the mood strikes him further and even enjoy it.
---------------
-----------------------
Cael

The man doesn't even stiffen against the blade, though he does stop walking.

"You must be a bigger idiot than you appeared. Is this your plan? Hold me hostage and think that I would do a damn thing just because you have a knife in my back? In public? In a crowd with trained soldiers? They're better than the normal rabble, I assure you. They aren't unarmed, either. You can kill me now if you want but you won't move more than ten feet without steel in you. Sink it in. I dare you."
Daven's Quarry
Bryce is still unmoved, but leans forward in his chair.
"I promised to keep you safe, and I intend to keep it. Besides, what can I do about it? You're the assassin. You could chop me up."
Bryce tilts the chair onto its two back legs, leaning it against the desk. He rests his feet on the bed, his boots just touching Serah's leg.
"So what was that with disapprovement and groaning? I presume you two weren't very close."
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

Daven's Quarry

Serah doesn't release her grip but brings the dagger into view only to conceal it under her blanket.

"Sorry, That's all you are getting on my personal life for now." She says coldly.

Cael

Naudius knows his mistake and knows he cannot win, but he knows cannot exactly walk away after this. The questions are, Blood or no Blood? Bluff or no Bluff? Has he been spotted by anyone?

Naudius pulls the dagger back and sheathes it.

"Cantus." He whispers in the mans ear hoping it makes him think for half a second and turns, breaking out into a sprint towards anywhere but there.

Naudius thinks while he runs, Got to lose them then double back for my stuff and find an inn to gather information.
---------------
-----------------------