Toribash
All i can say is

yes

Chartle's programming the beast, i have the "mere" task of spriting it. Given that fact, he's in a much better position to tease you than i am. :U (and let's just say he's no less sadistic than i am when it comes to boolits, which is great)
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

It is progressing. Also, here's a neat comparison as to why red blockfaces suck.

Greens have 50% chance of shooting every half a second, yellows shoot consistently every half a second, while reds alternate between DAKDAKDAK and nothing every half second. Oh, and red lasers cause 8 damage rather than 5, and the red blockfaces are twice as tough as yellow ones. So good luck with them.
It ain't Flash or Unity, they don't support it.

:c

Their developer FAQ even says that they don't have any plans of supporting EXE files, so i guess that leaves me in the dark for now. Might still consider setting up a way to accept donations (because i'd be a criminal if i charged for the actual game), provided that the licensing doesn't get in the way. Not that i'd expect a huge fortune to suddenly roll in, since i don't even have a proper website yet, but y'know.
It is indeed. There are obviously a few quirks about it, but i like how simple it is.

Also, here's a mockup of how i expect the second boss to end up looking and firing.

Except the actual boss will be shooting out a lot more of the round yellow shots. And it will be aiming that massive laser at you (likely to be instant death if you get hit, but seriously, look at the size of that beem), though with a significant charge time before firing. Also yeah, those are mostly-homing missiles. Chartle says they hurt a lot if you lack shields. :U
Now i just need to get hold of Chartle, because he's been absent from Steam for 4 days.
Thanks! Also, as for the programs, i only know of good ol' Graphics Gale. It does support layers however, so you can animate legs below a static head.

Also, today i got my first taste of the actual second boss.

You better believe it's fucking hardcore badassery, because this guy killed the original developer (read: me) of the game 8 times on Normal before i got the better of it. Should probably be toned down a tiny bit, but we'll see. :U