Toribash
Do any of you by chance have or know somebody that has a UPS? Buying one might be a smart choice for my family since where we live is a bit more prone to power outages.
RIP [TPC]
This guy was once a GameMaster
Uhh, I'm not sure what you're referring to.

A UPS is an uninterruptible power supply. It basically supplies a steady stream of electricity to your computer. If your power goes out, a UPS can keep your computer running for a short while afterward and put it into hibernate before shutting it down. I may be missing something, but I'm pretty sure that's basically it.

It would be really helpful to prevent damage to a computer from the power saging/spiking/shutting off. I just wanted to know if anybody has had a firsthand experience with one and how well they work.
RIP [TPC]
oh, lol, i thought you were talking about a little texting device that let you send text to anyone you want, but an ups, ok cool. umm not me though i need one, my computer shuts down a lot if i dont have the charger in at all times
*Watches you look at my Signature*
I know, but those things are free, my cuz have one but i never knew how it worked
-----
Also, am i an intern yet?
Last edited by Dkilla123; May 24, 2012 at 04:33 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
*Watches you look at my Signature*
You weren't guaranteed internship. I almost wanted to say no when you said "yet."

However, you got it. So good luck.
RIP [TPC]
Dkilla What is the name of the character in your avatar ? I remember it and I think I used to watch it.

PieGod, electricity here comes and goes so much but none of our computers had a problem because of that.
Hm, I was just thinking of something. PieGod private message me.
-----
Oh sorry. I'm quitting. I'm making a new clan sorry We can be allies?
Last edited by PiePwn; May 25, 2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Ninjutsu Club.
Ninjutsu Club Leader.

Retired, at least for now.
@rainboweye: We haven't had problems either, but you never know. Computers hate going from really hot to really cold, apparently it really messes with them.

@Piepwn: Good luck with your new clan. We could be allies once/if you become official, probably.
RIP [TPC]