Toribash
The Wyrm Casket

Balo nods to the innkeeper and continues sitting observing the man as much as possible without alerting him.
<Vox> meh, you never end up anywhere in computer
<Vox> you are just where ever you are
---------------
<avwave> its always fun to eat a polymorph ring
<avwave> unless you morph into a basilisk in a room full of mirrors
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
The Wyrm Casket

Not too long later, perhaps ten minutes, another man enters the inn so smoothly it's hard to say if he even entered at all. Again, as if part of the shadow, he glides to the soldier's table. His voice is low enough that Balo can't hear anything besides murmurs.

The Wyrm Casket

Fate notices immediately that the man enters the inn. Once again, the only thing visible is puffy and pale lips.
His voice almost low enough to not be heard even by Fate.
"So, is it taken care of?"
"Yes," Fate says, equally low, "I'm sure he knows now the consequences of his actions. His wife and most of his guard is dead, and I left a message for him."
The other man is quiet for a while. "I told you to not kill anyone."
Fate eases his muscles. This might turn violent. "You told me not to kill the merchant. I didn't."
The man stands up, nearly knocking the chair down. This time, his voice is hardly low. "You are a damned fool! You will get nothing from me but a slit thro-" He gets no further before a blow to the abdomen knocks his breath away. Fate deftly follows by slamming his head into the table, receiving a crack from the man's skull.
The inn goes silent, then the murmurs of conversation continue as if nothing happened. Even the innkeeper seems to be waiting for Fate's absence before cleaning up.
Fate crouches at the body, searching the pockets. The man brought nothing useful except for a few coins. He pockets the coins and goes for the exit.
The Wyrm Casket

Balo watches the scene unfold and almost misses the man leaving, so he gets up as quickly as possible without making his own scene and tails the man.
---------------
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
Saxum

Fate walks down the streets with no real purpose. I'll have to steal a horse to get to Central, at this point. Wherever that is.
He continues to pace through the city, when he notices he's being followed. Quite well, considering it's just a boy. He turns into a small alley between houses to isolate them.
Saxum

Balo recognizes the move but what else is there to do but push on, so he does just that. He follows the hulking figure into the small alleyway fearing for his life but hiding the fear under a mask of confidence.
---------------
-----------------------
Saxum

Fate watches as the boy approaches from the alley. Once he is in range, he calls.

"Why are you following me, boy?"
Saxum

Balo pauses.

He ponders for a moment. Why am is he following him exactly, Yes it does coincide with his goal of helping Amastice but why is he even helping Amastice? Odd. It just seemed like the thing to do. To help the grieving man. But why actually? The answer is lost to the child's mind.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I mean yes I do sort of but beyond that it just seemed like any alternative would be better then living my life as is. Oh right tangent. Well, You killed the woman and the guard. I kinda took it upon myself to find out who and why but I have no desire to even try to attack you on the merchant's behalf. It all just seemed what I needed to do. Oh and I do apologize for the long monologue" Balo concludes with a shrug.
---------------
-----------------------
Saxum

"I see."

How exactly did a child find him so easily?

"You can probably help me, with your skills."
Saxum

Balo's face goes blank.

"Honestly I expected a precursor to death not a job offer. Considering you offered me a job it must make you wonder how I found you. Well it must have been fate" Balo chuckles.

"Before I accept or anything, help you with what?"
---------------
-----------------------
Saxum

"I'm unfamiliar with this land. I need to get to where Galt Medeis is, if you know him. I was told he was in a place called Cental, though I have no idea where that is, either. If I did, I'm told there is some kind of war going on, and I do not wish to travel in the middle of that."