Toribash
Originally Posted by wiirus View Post
So, just got the game and finished the campaign on the lowest level.

I'm having probems playing against the medium AI, usually, I survive the first attack (I have about 5 or 6 Zealots), but afterwards I'm unable to produce enough units, especially stronger ones as I lack gas and/or minerals. Yet I have my second base up.

Hints for playing Protoss plz?

Best way to do this.. Always make sure that you never stop making probes.. If you check the top right of your screen every now and then, it will tell you that a probe was made.. so you can click on your nexus and make another one.
Do you hotkey your units and base? If not, you should so you can move units and produce units faster.
TP|Guardians| Hai. Watz upz.
Originally Posted by pbi6a4ok View Post
make sure that your nexuses are constantly producing workers, get enough gateways/robos (usually 3-4 warpgates per base, one robotics fac is good for 2 bases), don't get supplyblocked. that's it

Yeeeah, that supplies are giving me problems.
But constantly new workers?
Wouldn't that be a bit much? I usually have 10-12 per base and even that seems to be a lot to me.

Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
Get yourself a nice mixture of stalker, zealots and shields in the beginning, then after a while start looking into something like void rays etc, all dependent on what the other guy is building. A good thing is to watch professionals play and mimic them. A good build against noobs are void ray spam, this pretty much works all the time until you get in to higher ranks where they play more aggro and therefore won't make the tactic work.

Around 3 warp gates is the most effective starter I believe, same as the famous 3 barracks terran build.

Remember to scout, its an important part of the game, you can send your workers out in the beginning of the game or send observers. Remember to micro them.
Don't be afraid to go a little crazy, inventing new amazing builds can take your enemy with surprise and therefore win you a game.

Another note: I found an amazing custom map called "photon cycles" its like a pvp version of snake, try it out :P

Void Ray spam worked surpisingly well until now
I don't dare to go crazy yet...

Originally Posted by Chickenpox View Post
he means make shittons of sentries in the early game, defend till you get the deathball of sentry stalker collosi HT, roll over other armies

The rolling over part works. The defending not really. Is closing my ramp with photon cannons and one or 2 stalkers behind them ok?

Originally Posted by SoBscout View Post
Best way to do this.. Always make sure that you never stop making probes.. If you check the top right of your screen every now and then, it will tell you that a probe was made.. so you can click on your nexus and make another one.
Do you hotkey your units and base? If not, you should so you can move units and produce units faster.

I have most stuff hotkeyed now. The one i use a lot. :3

Thanks for the hints guys!

Is it too early to build my second base when I have only 5-6 Zealots?
Also, somebody wants to add me? XD
DeviantArt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Warning: Removal of the attached label is punishable by instant death.
Yeeeah, that supplies are giving me problems.
But constantly new workers?
Wouldn't that be a bit much? I usually have 10-12 per base and even that seems to be a lot to me.

Void Ray spam worked surpisingly well until now
I don't dare to go crazy yet...

The rolling over part works. The defending not really. Is closing my ramp with photon cannons and one or 2 stalkers behind them ok?

I have most stuff hotkeyed now. The one i use a lot. :3

Thanks for the hints guys!

10-12 workers per base is way too little, it takes 3 workers per patch/vespene geyser to fully saturate
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
Okay, it takes about 16 workers total on mineral patches, and 6 workers on gas, 3 on each side. That's about 2 pages worth of workers, so that's pretty good.
I've also made myself a hotkey layout for terran, toss, and zerg... I'm pretty sure this is one that is ok to use, maybe if someone can help me make this layout better...

Terran:
1. Main army
2. Siege tanks/hellions/thors/reapers (depending on strategy)
3. Factory
4. Other units such as air units
5. Command Center
6. Harass units
7-0. ^ or other buildings such as engineering bays and such

Toss hotkeys:
1. Main army
2. Stalkers (to use blink, they're also 1 but I press 2 to get blink on stalkers)
3. Stargate
4.Harass units
5. Nexus
6-0. Units and other buildings I see fit here

The only reason I don't have gateways hotkeyed is because I always go warp gates, so w would be my hotkey for that.

And last, but not least, actually my fav race
Zerg:
1. Main army
2. Harass units (or air units)
3. Evolution Chamber (or other units)
4. More harass units
5. Hatch/Lair/Hive
6. Expansion
7. Expansion
8-0. Other things (units/buildings)
The only reason 6 and 7 are other expansions is because I make a queen on each one and double press 6 or 7 or 5 to get a queen to inject larvae or creep.
Originally Posted by Chartle View Post
10-12 workers per base is way too little, it takes 3 workers per patch/vespene geyser to fully saturate

mining 100% efficiently is 2 workers per patch and 3 per geyser, should be 2 rows and 4 on the last when you double click workers (2 of them hide in the gas)
Heres my zerg setup
123 = army Splitting up units logicially, cant really hotkey units together as Z, speeds too diff
4 hatchs
5 queens, using backspace inject method rebound to spacebar

6 / 7 additional units 7 is rebound to ` though

Imma add evo's and spires to 9/0 probably just because its at least a reminder
I wouldn't really hotkey queens, you should do
5. main hatch
6. expansion
7-0 other hatches too...
The only reason I do that is because if I press a hotkey twice, it goes to the location where the hotkey is... so if I press 5 twice I can see my hatch and just press a queen and inject...
And when will I get to silver? I've been getting about 90% win rate and am at least 100 pts above 2nd place.... It's been a month and it's the same thing...
Originally Posted by SoBscout View Post
I wouldn't really hotkey queens, you should do
5. main hatch
6. expansion
7-0 other hatches too...
The only reason I do that is because if I press a hotkey twice, it goes to the location where the hotkey is... so if I press 5 twice I can see my hatch and just press a queen and inject...
And when will I get to silver? I've been getting about 90% win rate and am at least 100 pts above 2nd place.... It's been a month and it's the same thing...

Thats stupid, you should hotkey queens, I do this
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=125725
anytime you click where you could use a hotkey your wasting time and apm that could be used elsewhere. Believe me as a high diamond zerg, you want to hotkey queens

You need to scout first and think after the situation. If the person you play against is turtling hard you might just go and expand as quick as possible
Originally Posted by Chickenpox View Post
Thats stupid, you should hotkey queens, I do this
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=125725
anytime you click where you could use a hotkey your wasting time and apm that could be used elsewhere. Believe me as a high diamond zerg, you want to hotkey queens

This is a waste of a hotkey, in my opinion. Much better used for something else. Maybe scouting overlords, Maybe scout lings.

You still have to click on the hatch for the larva inject, so no matter what, you are still clicking. Only takes, less than a second to click the queen, spawn larvae.

Only benefit I see of hotkeying a queen is if you frequently get pressured, and need the queen for defending. I.E. Heals(Though, your spawning queen shouldnt be able to heal.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Love you guys. | Soɐd | Kiza | iRookie | Orko | TGS |
Zora | ViperTech