Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by TimmyboyG View Post
Try these in multiplayer. Doing things in singleplayer is very different.
You are never sure if these techniques work in multiplayer unless you do them.
So yeah... I'd like to see this against an opponent who doesnt hold all for the entire match. Also that first technique (Replay 1) like more like a push than a lift.

I'll get working on it. I use this quite frequently in multiplayer, and while it costs me alot of fracs, I end up on top 90% of the time.

Give me 30 minutes to an hour.
-----
Hmm... This needs some tweaking. I have used it before but I don't think I'm doing it correctly at the moment..

Anyways, I think I'll change the fact that the openers are needed.

The overall idea to this is to get a midsection or leg grab and trip/pull your opponent to the ground. The opener you use should require at least one lowered arm... I'll work on this. Replays below
-----
Odd. The suplex one is fucked up. Im the player who executes the suplex.
Attached Files
!Example2.rpl (41.1 KB, 10 views)
!TA - MPExampleOpener1.rpl (33.0 KB, 9 views)
!Opener2TurnedIntoSuplex.rpl (57.3 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by Jaxon; Feb 24, 2015 at 02:00 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I'm just gamin' man
never prototype anything in sp

if you want to prototype a technique - ask your friend to play with you
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
THANKS stealth.
also i just realized that you were in (Shield) Clan. Ninjahead!!! that's you....
---------------------------------------
sorry for this out of topic
Thank you,
Best regards

I vote yes for watermagic. :v

Jodus, Redpanda, Ocean and CoKe were
accepted. Read the stickies and try to post in our chats, talk in our IRC and call people to play sometimes. :v

Noob and watermagic are still being evaluated
Originally Posted by Jaxonia View Post
I'll get working on it. I use this quite frequently in multiplayer, and while it costs me alot of fracs, I end up on top 90% of the time.

Give me 30 minutes to an hour.
-----
Hmm... This needs some tweaking. I have used it before but I don't think I'm doing it correctly at the moment..

Anyways, I think I'll change the fact that the openers are needed.

The overall idea to this is to get a midsection or leg grab and trip/pull your opponent to the ground. The opener you use should require at least one lowered arm... I'll work on this. Replays below
-----
Odd. The suplex one is fucked up. Im the player who executes the suplex.

In Example2.rpl you basically gave him the perfect setup for a judo hip throw (With use of the leg) like an uchi mata.
I think this player isn't very experienced in the whole judo in aikido.tbm thing.

I don't fully understand the concept of this move yet so I'd like to see a detailed tutorial.
All I userstand is that you are using leggrabs and then pushing your opponent towards the ground and dq them.

Does this technique leave the opponent without any control like the other techniques that have been covered in the TA tutorials?
For example Ivers uchi mata tutorial gets the opponent in the air which which takes away lots of control. Same for the half/full throws by Snake.
Last edited by TimmyboyG; Feb 26, 2015 at 03:56 PM.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Jax if you want to post the results of your moves in the replay thread its fine. But here it's more about developing new high percentage techniques. We're looking for repetition. Moves that work again and again against high and low skilled opponents. So if you want to contribute I would follow this:
1) Is your move unique?
2) Does it reflect any real world martial arts? (doesnt have to but it helps)
3) Can it be repeated more that twice? (the more the better)

Now unlike snake some of us dont have any friends so i think prototyping in singleplayer is okay but you have to test the move vigorously. Against relaxed, and hold all uke, if uke is clapping, kicking, or some random opener.
-----
also guys i think we should start decorating the knowledge base with more technique tutorials. I can do armbars, sasae ashi, my step around harai goshi... i think everyone should contribute a tutorial, im sure we all have our own move that works for us why not share it?
Attached Files
bjj - armbar (3).rpl (49.1 KB, 11 views)
judo - sasae ashi (3).rpl (38.8 KB, 9 views)
judo - harai goshi.rpl (52.7 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by footlox; Feb 27, 2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Originally Posted by Shayu View Post
i hope this is legit

nah, check the rest of the thread to get an idea whats going on here
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Application
Hello members of Team Aikido, My name is D3athD3mon, and this is my application for this Organization.

First and foremost, my GMT is -5 (During Daylight Savings time, it's -4), and I live on the eastern shore.

In personal terms, I am referred to as Don from close friends and members of the clan I founded. I am 15 years old, and been playing Toribash for around 3 years on and off, and being apart of the community for five years. I've lived in America all my life, residing on the eastern shore for the most part.

But what makes you fit for this organization? Well, Aikido has been my favorite and go to Mod for some time, but I can't help but wonder: How do I get better at the mod. Learning new moves, observing famous, skilled players, and learning mechanics and how to counter in what situation has been a great asset, but doesn't seem enough. That's why I've turned to Team Aikido for help.

If I were to a become a member, I could not only help myself become a better, more skilled Aikido player, but also help others that may have the same purpose as myself, and help one another grow as players together.

Hopefully, my post is taken into consideration, and I appreciate the kindness of anyone who took their time to read this semi-long application.

Here are my replays.
Attached Files
decapperino.rpl (60.4 KB, 1 views)
Decappin'2.rpl (79.4 KB, 1 views)
RandomAB2.rpl (54.7 KB, 1 views)
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands