Toribash
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
For the love of god, figure out how to fill out the application, and all required skill subsets necessary to fill it out before you submit it if you REALLY want to get in. It's like handing in a resume to an employer that just says "yo mang, hire me dawg, i be good at works. k thx".

It's not even hard to look at the last couple pages of submissions, see what gets denied (which is practically everything on the pages), and not doing that on your own submission. Notice how bad grammar, being younger than 18, lack of replays, and lack of lemons have almost perfect positive correlation to being denied. You don't know how to grammar? Spend an extra 20 minutes to make sure your post is at least readable. It doesn't need to be the Queen's English, you can literally write in casual off-handed language so long as it makes sense and, lord forbid, you put the time in to format the text. Seriously, the space bar is the largest fucking button on every keyboard, get used to hitting it.

Can't upload replays? Then figure out why and post your application when you can. You're almost certain to get a no without them.

Under 18? Don't just say you're mature, show your goddamn maturity by putting the effort to make your post look good. I'm personally going to take one look at somebody saying "I'm 15, but I'm mature." followed by a well-formatted post, and take that claim at face value. I'm certainly not going to accept the claim if what follows the claim is a bunch of nearly illegible text.

And I'm DEFINITELY not going to take your application seriously if you don't even fill the entire application. If the application asks for a goddamn lemon, you will provide the BEST FUCKING LEMON YOU HAVE EVER DRAWN IN MS PAINT. Because that's the point of inane tasks on an application. It weeds out the people trying from the people who just really don't care. I stood for 2 fucking hours for a job interview, and I didn't sit down at all because it was part of the goddamn application process. And you know what? I was the only fucking person to stand for the entire time, and I was the only fucking person to get a goddamn job that day. So suck it up and start wiggling that yellow paintbrush.

There's a reason why certain clans have more prestige than others, and it's because they aren't as loose as the crack whore on the corner every night. That's probably the reason why you are applying in the first place. You want the prestige of being in a successful, well-known clan (we're not retarded, everybody wants this, including us). So we're going to hold EVERYBODY who tries to join to a high standard, and you should at least fucking try, or give the impression of trying, if you want to stand a chance at acceptance.

You either put the effort to sell yourself to the clan, build a good reputation before applying to the clan, impress the clan without an application so that they ask for you to join, or fully expect to get ridiculed and rejected. At the very least, even if you fail to make it in, you don't permanently sully your appearance with a half-assed attempt at joining.

That being said, incompetence can amuse me, so please continue.

Also, hi guise, i comeback for tl;dr post of irritation.

Chilling. Rip Urban unit
this is why I want to join urban
-----
oracle you're the best!
Last edited by UMadBro131; Sep 22, 2013 at 08:08 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Damn straight. You should all be missing Oracle's ass right now.
Also to answer all questions, you've all been rejected, even leilak
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Oracle da man. Bea UTIFUL post
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!

Nationality: United States of Amarica.

Belt: Black Belt.

Preferred Mods: Judo(and Judo frac),Aikido(and Aikido big dojo),Wushu,Shambo,Taekwondo,Kaijudo and xspar.

Old Clans:Elf Tastic,Mavrick,and 3spooky.

Why do you want to join?: Because ever since I've played Toribash it's been the people in Urban that I have looked up to. I want to be in a clan with people that are better than me so that I can learn and become a better player in this awesome game! I want to get to know the people in this clan, And hopefully, Become grate friends with them to. And so like once before, When I looked up to you, Others will look up to me. That is why I want to join UrbanUnit.

What kind of skills do you bring to Urban?: I bring skill's in Aikido,Judo and Wushu. But I think that being in this clan will help me master a lot mod mod's.

Other Qualities: I am a fun person to be around, And to get to know. Im a very loyal person and am at many times trying to help people in whatever way I can. Im usaly in a very happy mood. I show grate sportsmen ship and smile even in the face of defeate.
Thank you for takeing the time to raed my app. ~UMad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sorry,
I don't know how to show the replays/lemon, if someone on the forum could show me I would appreciate very much
Read Oracle's post fully, then post again telling me what you think the answer is

numbers~ you accidentally grammar
Last edited by Numbers; Sep 26, 2013 at 10:08 PM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.