Toribash
DRM was not that bad of an idea. It is a big change compared to what console gamers are used to, but as of now microsoft does give people the option to buy physical copies of games or games from the marketplace. I still think the Microsoft ruined it, so as of now I am getting the PS4. It is cheaper and seems like the better choice.
A hasbeen like the rest
If I'd buy a new console I would probably also prefer the PS4, because of obvious reasons..
Nevertheless I was kinda disappointed, there were no big changes in none of the next-gen consoles. Furthermore I don't rly like that multi-media/social-media thingy around.
Gaming consoles should not be made for family entertainment. The should only be made for games, and that is it. Microsoft tried incorporating all of the "modern" technology into one thing, and people are not prepared for that big of a change. I know I am not. What is the point of hooking up your cable box to an xbox console if you could just turn your tv on instead of the xbox. They focused to much on entertainment rather than the gaming side of things. There is not much a company can do with a gaming console. If they made it simple like the consoles used to be made, they would probably make more money. They can incorporate the parties and up the graphics, but they don't need to add all of these extra features. I do have to admit that the netflix, youtube, and hbo go apps were cool, but I could buy a computer 10 times better than the console and do the same things and much more. The one good thing about SONY, is that they are not changing much. They never really have. The ps2 compared to the ps3 was not much different, they big change was you now have a dashboard, a marketplace, and a few extra added items. They always kept it simple and that is why people continue to buy their items and they keep coming back. The long and the short of it, all a person needs in the consoles is the ability to play games with friends and talk to them at the same time.
A hasbeen like the rest
The petition will also reverse the used-games policy though.

Helpful quote

I'm not a nerd. I'm a gamer.
Well, Microsoft would be really stupid if they did follow the petition.

Helpful quote

Originally Posted by count3rl33 View Post
@danny: exactly what I was thinking all the time, thanks for saying that!

I would hope that is what everyone is thinking.

Ranged: Well if they did follow the petition, it would be a good thing. Microsoft never listens to their community. This is the reason why they screw up so much.
A hasbeen like the rest
Maybe. It would teach them a lesson next time.

Helpful quote

They won't learn. No one ever does. Microsoft should stop making game systems, and they should stick to computers. It they continually upgraded their operating systems, they could make a lot more money then they currently do.
A hasbeen like the rest
I can see how huge your hate for Microsoft is. And I can also see why it is like that.

Helpful quote