Toribash
Originally Posted by Nightin View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't like Manamune on Blitz?

You shouldnt need it.
I waste of an item slot on him that could go towards a better item.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
You shouldnt need it.
I waste of an item slot on him that could go towards a better item.

That's debatable. I find that manamune can be my only attack item and still hit over 200 AD by end game, giving similar results with significantly lower costs compared to a trinity or an ie, which most people seem to switch it out for. Upon getting it around early, mid game you should have an ad of around 130, which isn't that bad for one item. Sheen is a debatable replacement for early game, but it doesn't provide the same consistency of damage as a manamune does.

Then again, that's if I'm mana stacking, which I only do against not very high burst damage teams, as the mana shield won't kick in if you go from whatever percent it activates at to zero in one ability.

Still, I find for sure that it's more consistent in damage compared to a trinity, and less costly than an ie, so I believe it's a better alternative than those.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by OrAclE View Post
That's debatable. I find that manamune can be my only attack item and still hit over 200 AD by end game, giving similar results with significantly lower costs compared to a trinity or an ie, which most people seem to switch it out for. Upon getting it around early, mid game you should have an ad of around 130, which isn't that bad for one item. Sheen is a debatable replacement for early game, but it doesn't provide the same consistency of damage as a manamune does.

Then again, that's if I'm mana stacking, which I only do against not very high burst damage teams, as the mana shield won't kick in if you go from whatever percent it activates at to zero in one ability.

Still, I find for sure that it's more consistent in damage compared to a trinity, and less costly than an ie, so I believe it's a better alternative than those.

Wait
are you not building a trinity on blitz?

what
Also, manamune might give the same amount of +damage from IE/Tri-Force.... but their passives are better.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
Wait
are you not building a trinity on blitz?

Considering it's cost and it's actual usefulness on him, it has its place in some games, but for the most part it's too much gold for something that can be solved by another item or two. The slow is nice, sure, but your grab and punch should keep them there long enough already for your team to get in on it. The speed boost and attack speed boost aren't really necessary, overdrive fits that need well enough. And the proc damage is fine, but it's not as consistent as I'd prefer. In the time I can punch somebody with the proc, punch a few more times, then proc again, I could have done the equivilant or more damage with just a regular ad item.

And the passives are nice, but manamune is cheaper, a little under 2000 if I remember correctly. That additional 2000 i have to spend that would have gotten me trinity or ie could be spent on tankier items to go into a tanky dps or off tank. Which I find more useful.
Last edited by Oracle; Jul 31, 2011 at 05:32 AM.
Originally Posted by eddy1217 View Post
Getting 4 archangels on blitzcrank ulti'ing 3/4 of everyones health and mana shielding for double your own? Trolol?

The only problem with this is

ap blitz
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
ffs
ryze autolock with fortify
ashe leaver after 10 min
few more games like this I'm gonna fall down below 1100 :S
retired
Originally Posted by Nightin View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't like Manamune on Blitz?

No. I also don't like Manamune on Blitz.
Originally Posted by eddy1217 View Post
Archangels = shitloads of mana
get Manamune
Shitloads of mana + Manamune = profit?

The only problem with this is that you have no health, armor or mr. One high damage ability will take you down before your shield comes up. Also, Veigar will make you his bitch.