Ranking
I don't do pills to deal with mine, I just forced myself into being around those human creature thingies. Not exactly my idea of a good time, but eventually you "get used to" familiar peoples existence making them non issues - rinse, repeat, eventually the humans in the outside world become less horrible.

Most people get sent off for cognitive therapy, the idea being that social anxiety issues are all lumped into the "you're thinking too much about the situation" category - so they basically reprogram you into no having said thoughts.

OFC there's people who don't have said thought issues, and instead have some form of physical reaction to situations without thinking about it - eg me. That's when they try to dope you up on crap. None of them work on me, so yeah, it's great fun.

IMO fight on through it. It sucks initially, but as time goes on it sucks less.

As a side note (and a completely un-recomended one) alcohol & narcotics kill the symptoms. Just don't rely on it for obvious reasons, however for things like parties & social get togethers it's a godsend.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
My twin sister and my mom (before we were born) couldn't leave their house or they'd have legitimate panic attacks

There is a certain amount of social anxiety that you can't just beat

And it runs in my family :^(
FIRED UP
That sounds more like agoraphobia

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
To our total of 3.5-person userbase
Minor update, skinflappers.
I've talked to she skullfucker, and I'm gonna be doing some reqruitment and
reinvigoration of our glorious clan, I'llprobably make a thread about it one of the following days.
So live on and prosper guys
[18:33] <Ele_> man I wish I had a dick to suck for drugfs rn
Originally Posted by liaxo View Post
I wish you could come to the jungle with me, rainbow, you always leave a stronger, better man.

What an experience it would be to spend a summer time with you in those jungles of Brazil. I don't know how I leave a better stronger man though all I'd leave behind me is boredom and negative sarcasm.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
I don't do pills to deal with mine, I just forced myself into being around those human creature thingies. Not exactly my idea of a good time, but eventually you "get used to" familiar peoples existence making them non issues - rinse, repeat, eventually the humans in the outside world become less horrible.

Most people get sent off for cognitive therapy, the idea being that social anxiety issues are all lumped into the "you're thinking too much about the situation" category - so they basically reprogram you into no having said thoughts.

OFC there's people who don't have said thought issues, and instead have some form of physical reaction to situations without thinking about it - eg me. That's when they try to dope you up on crap. None of them work on me, so yeah, it's great fun.

IMO fight on through it. It sucks initially, but as time goes on it sucks less.

As a side note (and a completely un-recomended one) alcohol & narcotics kill the symptoms. Just don't rely on it for obvious reasons, however for things like parties & social get togethers it's a godsend.

Oh seems like our whole [Parrot] is suffering from social anxiety.
I don't have any problems (or avoidance) towards my family and familiar friends at all. It's just the public and I don't know specially the ones near my age. The elderly I don't have problems with them.

Social anxiety has its biological reasons yes but mostly it is caused by your thoughts so the cure would be to convince you that your thoughts are wrong. Most of us know that their thoughts are wrong but it's not that easy to get over them.

I didn't experience any symptoms or maybe just a little blushing once or twice but my major problem is that I avoid a lot. I wasted two years avoiding life just like your sister, Hush. I just sat at home... How sad wasting your young life like that.
We all have our different experiences with Social Anxiety like our symptoms differ and such so what works for us also differs and I don't think pills will do anything for me but harm me a lot. And drugs and alcohol come on Skul that will harm me more :P

Originally Posted by Hush View Post
My twin sister and my mom (before we were born) couldn't leave their house or they'd have legitimate panic attacks

There is a certain amount of social anxiety that you can't just beat

And it runs in my family :^(

No you can beat any amount of social anxiety of course. And Panic attacks are a whole different story. They're a different illness. right ?

reinvigoration of our glorious clan, I'llprobably make a thread about it one of the following days.

We're gonna make new friends yeaaaa ! Can I help with the recruitment ? But not this week maybe the next one.
reinvigoration of our glorious clan
, I'llprobably make a thread about it one of the following days.

I'm proof he's right. I was honored to join in.

Also, any good topic to talk besides social anxiety?

Originally Posted by rainboweye View Post
Oh seems like our whole [Parrot] is suffering from social anxiety.
I don't have any problems (or avoidance) towards my family and familiar friends at all. It's just the public and I don't know specially the ones near my age. The elderly I don't have problems with them.

Social anxiety has its biological reasons yes but mostly it is caused by your thoughts so the cure would be to convince you that your thoughts are wrong. Most of us know that their thoughts are wrong but it's not that easy to get over them.

I didn't experience any symptoms or maybe just a little blushing once or twice but my major problem is that I avoid a lot. I wasted two years avoiding life just like your sister, Hush. I just sat at home... How sad wasting your young life like that.
We all have our different experiences with Social Anxiety like our symptoms differ and such so what works for us also differs and I don't think pills will do anything for me but harm me a lot. And drugs and alcohol come on Skul that will harm me more :P

I have social anxiety since I don't even remember. I NEVER been a guy who goes drinking during weekends or go out with squad after coming from school. I've been playing ice hockey and I was alright with all my mates. But other than that I never went out 2 times in the same week. I just came from hockey practice and sat behind my pc / laptop. I would call my life like this: Eat, Sleep, Rekt, Repeat.

My mother's reaction is incredible when I tell her I'm going out. She turns into more friendly human or something.
Last edited by Zephh; Mar 12, 2015 at 05:56 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
You too have social anxiety ? Are you kidding me ? It's only you left, liaxo. Join us and have social anxiety ; ) I guarantee the best life in history ; )
Also macho don't worry you'll get better but you have to see some doctors to help you through this period with social anxiety and you'll get rid of it because it's an illness that we can cure completely (thank god we're lucky). You're not the only one not going outside anyone that has social anxiety doesn't go outside. As I said I've wasted 2 whole years at home not knowing what is my problem before I decided to meet a doctor. Have you seen any doctors before ?
Are you in the 11th grade, macho ?
-----
Wait lets talk about something fun. Umm.... Have you seen Skulfuk's Tori before ? Check it out it's farting a stinky green fart.
Last edited by rainboweye; Mar 12, 2015 at 08:11 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by rainboweye View Post
You too have social anxiety ? Are you kidding me ? It's only you left, liaxo. Join us and have social anxiety ; ) I guarantee the best life in history ; )
Also macho don't worry you'll get better but you have to see some doctors to help you through this period with social anxiety and you'll get rid of it because it's an illness that we can cure completely (thank god we're lucky). You're not the only one not going outside anyone that has social anxiety doesn't go outside. As I said I've wasted 2 whole years at home not knowing what is my problem before I decided to meet a doctor. Have you seen any doctors before ?
Are you in the 11th grade, macho ?
-----
Wait lets talk about something fun. Umm.... Have you seen Skulfuk's Tori before ? Check it out it's farting a stinky green fart.

I always had social anxiety. To be honest, I'm prototype of asocial person. And I don't consider it as something I should go to doctor with. It's just how it is. I'm wasting my whole life. Not just 2 years.

I'll break it down for you. Elementary school (passed): 9 years, high school (2nd grade): 4 years and university (about 4-7 years I guess).

I haven't seen Skul's tori for long time tho. Last time I have seen it in 2010 or 2011 I guess xD So... I haven't...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
They were getting panic attacks because of their social anxiety, that's how bad it was

I also shut myself up in my house at some point, but I was able to leave the house. I turned down many offers to hang out even with my best friend who I consider my brother just because I didn't want to see or be seen by people I don't really know
FIRED UP