Toribash
View Poll Results: Should we add ranks to the user list?
Yes
20 Votes / 100.00%
No
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Watch the pros and spend time in reflex maps
My Name Is Tristan. (⌐■_■)
I'm a hard working Family Man, Novice Programmer, Hardware Enthusiast and Best of All I'm a Father.
My Twitch | My Twitter | My Shop
We Is SMOL
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Played some DM, the most xp I got was 250 (top of board including weekly bonus pool). It takes 15k xp to get to rank 3, so thats only 60 games of cancerous gameplay.

If you only play CS for competitive, having to play 60 games of dm is pretty terrible.

it's pure agony for me
cage the gargoyle
ah you should have played competative before the rank 3 restrictment was there, I almost got rank 3 before that by playing competative, then just a couple of overwatches and boom rank 3. You get xp in overwatch depending on the accuracy of the verdict, not a very fast way to get xp but I'd rather ban hackers than playing gungame bullshit.
well it's too late for that now

also finally got rank 2 after 4 hours

sadly the amount of xp i get has decreased to 50 xp per deathmatch somehow so it's gonna take ages for that rank 3
aaand now it's 20 xp per win
more than 4000 xp left aka more than 200 deathmatches i need to play
fucking hell
Last edited by Melqart; Jun 16, 2015 at 11:46 PM.
cage the gargoyle
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
ah you should have played competative before the rank 3 restrictment was there, I almost got rank 3 before that by playing competative, then just a couple of overwatches and boom rank 3. You get xp in overwatch depending on the accuracy of the verdict, not a very fast way to get xp but I'd rather ban hackers than playing gungame bullshit.

My mate didn't play for a few weeks because he was writing his thesis, now he's fucked haha.

We only ever played comp before this, so I guess now the group I play with has to migrate over to dm for a long time >_>
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Turns out I improve dramatically by turning my sensitivity down to the point of swinging my arm wide to turn a half.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
i'm playing with 1.3 sensitivity and 1800 dpi

need to turn it down, but if it goes lower i keep bumping into shit with my mouse
cage the gargoyle
As far as sensitivity goes its important that you put windows sensitivity to 6/11, Counterstrike sensitivity to 3 and edit the dpi in your mouse configuration program to get the sensitivity you want. This is to get the optimal 1:1 sensitivity. Also you need to have mouse acceleration off in both windows and in-game.

Another option is to put raw-input on in counterstrike which ignores windows sensitivity and makes it take the sensitivity directly from your mouse instead, either way is fine.

For the dpi its really up to what you prefer, each company that produces gaming gear calculate dpi differently, so saying you have 600 dpi means nothing at all.

Most pro-gamers use a pivot point to move their mouse, either your elbow or your wrist to get the most accurate mouse movement. if you use your wrist as a pivot point you will need high sensitivity, if you use your elbow you will in most cases want very low sensitivity, in my opinion the best solution is to have the sensitivity that if you move your mouse to one side of your pivot and then over to the other side your character turns 360* if you use your elbow this will take the whole mousepad, if you use the wrist it will only take a small portion of it.