Toribash
View Poll Results: Do you want to get our tag put into iLLepidus' Clan Police Program?
Yes, lets do it.
4 Votes / 80.00%
No, lets not do it.
0 Votes / 0%
Ireallycouldn'tgiveadamntobehonest.
1 Votes / 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
Hey Ele, what was that Discussion invasion you were talking about the last time we talked?

It sounded like a good idea.

Also, everyone needs to get Skype, it's loads better than mIRC. My username is hydric.acid

Download here:
http://www.skype.com/

Discussion invasion = mass postings in discussion on just about every topic by every Doxa member.
Discussion invasion = publicity.
I can tell our timezones will be different :/
No matter, you do seem like a cool guy. One question though, are you a decent debater?

Also @Oyster, what features does Skype have that irc doesn't?
I do write a bit. Here's my brothers english short story assignment I wrote for him.

The Firefly Vanishes
“Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.”
~Anonymous
The perpetual rain is hitting the leafy ground in dull splats. The sky is dark, preventing the sun from reflecting it’s rays off the rain, resulting in the rain appearing black. Then there’s me. Poor, pathetic me. I’m leaning with my back against a tree stump, crying, my oily tears amalgamating with the black rain. All around me fireflies are spiralling down towards the ground, the weight of the rain too much for their glowing, frail bodies to bare. A few feet away from me lay my best friend. My soul mate. She is gone. Soon, perhaps, I will be gone too...
I first saw her on the Ferny Grove train, smiling and laughing with her friends. She looked so happy, so at peace with the world. She gave me joy just by gazing at her. After getting off the train I smiled all the way home. Love at first sight. The next day I boarded the very same train, willing God to let me see her again. God obliged. This time, however, she was alone. I spent a good 10 minutes trying to muster the courage to approach her, to speak with her. I finally did. “Hello,” I spoke nervously. “Hi,” she smiled politely back. I then tried to start a conversation with her about the weather, she took the bait. She started speaking. A few minutes later I realised that I hadn’t said anything, that I was listening to her voice. She liked to speak and I liked to listen. For the rest of the journey home she talked. She talked about everything, she spoke of the mundane; the weather, to the inane; the moons of Saturn. I liked this girl.
Over the next few months we spent more time together and she and I learned more about each other. I found out that she was from Ferny Grove and she found out that I was from Brisbane City. She had an older brother and a younger sister, her parents were happily married. I neglected to tell her about my own family. I didn’t really have a family actually, Mother died last spring. It’s just me and my Dad.

A few days ago she took me off the train because she wanted to take me somewhere. “Where are we going?” “Someplace.” She led me through the outskirts of Brisbane, to a track that seemed to lead to what looked like a forest. We meandered through the trees for what seemed like an eternity until she turned to me abruptly and told me to close my eyes. I closed my eyes. I felt her soft hands against mine as she gently lead us to our destination. “Open your eyes.” I opened my eyes. What I saw was beautiful. We were standing in the middle of a clearing in a forest, before us stood a great oak tree, easily 20 meters high. It looked so sturdy, so strong as if Atlas could have held the tree by its top and swung the earth about like a kitten’s toy, it would not be uprooted.
“That,” she said, pointing at the tree, “is my strongest symbol of hope.” I said nothing. I just nodded. I was still trying to take in the scene that was before me. It was an overcast day, but that didn’t reduce any of the beauty of the clearing. The ground was scattered with leaves, not crunchy leaves, but soft green leaves. There was no sound except for a dull impact noise when I stepped on them. What made the clearing magical, however, was not the ground or the tree or the coolness of the overcast sky. No, it was none of those. It was the fireflies. They were like glowing red stars on some faraway planet. There were hundreds of them, perhaps a thousand, and they were all encompassing the great tree, hovering and fluttering around it. It was just magical.
She lead me by the hand up to the tree and we both sat under it. We said nothing. We just gazed at each other and the clearing. We sat there until we became tired. Then we slept. The fireflies continued fluttering.

A rain drop hit my head. I awoke, not with a start, but with a feeling of amenity. I turned my head and looked at her, she was still sleeping. The sky was black. The blackness seemed fitting, it emphasised the presence of the fireflies. Another rain drop hit my head. I peered into the overhead void. There was no moon out tonight, the rain clouds must have been blocking its luminescence. Beside me, she awakened. I greeted her with a kiss. I stood up, she remained seated. “I need to go home”, I had said to her. It was true, my father must have been worried. “I’ll stay a bit longer, you know, to watch the fireflies”, she had responded. So I left her there, her innocent eyes tracing their path. I should never have left her there.
Heavy rain pelted against my head as I walked. The rain was heavier than I’d thought. The sky then turned white. A second later there was an amazing bang. What came after the bang was worse. It was much more frightening, much more terrible. It was the sound of a tree falling to the ground. Next came her scream. The scream abruptly stopped.
I ran back to her as fast as my legs could take me. Maybe, if I could get there quickly enough, she might be alive. I prayed to God for the second time as I ran. God must let me see her again. Just one more time...
I burst into the clearing. My heart shattered. The lightning had struck the great tree and broke it into pieces. She must have screamed when she saw that. The tree must have then fallen on her. She stopped screaming then...
Here I am now. All was doomed a few minutes ago, but as I recounted the events I’ve thought of something. Perhaps a way to save her. There’s a sharp stick on the ground next to me, it must have been a part of the tree.
I stood up, holding the stick.
The fireflies kept tumbling down.
I walked over to her and the tree, my feet sinking into the leafy mud.
I extended my arm out.
Another firefly fell. There were only a few left now.
I brought the stick above my wrist.
Three more fell. Only three glowing fireflies were left.
I drew the stick sharply along my wrist.
One more fell.
I aimed the flow of my lifeblood towards the tree over her.
The penultimate firefly fell.
My vision blurred, the beating of my heart slowed. The last firefly looked like a red streak. The red streak fell.
So did I.

Written by Jackson Browne. <-- LOLNO, WRITTEN BY DANNY BROWNE