Toribash
Traditional 1v1s are typically Blind Pick, and First Blood, First Tower, or 100 CS. Usually mirror match ups can be arranged, but otherwise you just hope you aren't counterpicked.

1v1s can go to Nexus but personally that's redundant. Unless your champ scales hard into late game, first blood usually wins the game anyways. Amongst friends we agree on a role or class before 1v1ing, with traditional rules.

Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Hello. I've recently participated in few 1 v 1 tournaments and lost many finals and semi-finals because I got destroyed by overly meta champions like Olaf. As an Elise main I find it difficult to 1 v 1 any meta champion.

Was wondering if any of you know what would be the best champ to pick in 1 v 1 situation to have least chance of getting destroyed by counter picking?

Olaf is not meta, at least not anymore. He's fallen out of meta really, at least on the comp scene. Besides, you're losing to Olaf because his laning phase is cheese as fuck. Max E to 50% squishies and chunk tanks for easy trades. Max Q for cheese kills with a ridiculous slow. W to sustain, etc etc. Then he runs you down at 6. Elise is not the best for 1v1s in my eyes. Yes her early game is dominant, but fighters usually end up as much better in these scenarios, a few marksman and duelists included.

Anything with a stupid early game is good. Yasuo is very good in right match ups, even past his e nerf. Jayce, Lucian, champions of the sort. I remember seeing people play Aatrox and just walk into the enemy and auto attack. If they continue then Aatrox likely gets a fair recovery from his passive and snags an easy kill. You could even play Blitz honestly. Pretty dependent on a dank hook but hey.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post

I would say that Lee sin is a pretty good champ. It's sad I wasn't able to carry a 4v5 though.

Wat elo is that ?
Heal - Teleport Thresh with RoA and TM, what the fuck ?
oh wait you guys had zero towers in 30m lol

the the enemy destroyed all of yours, what a strange game
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
I coulda swore most 1v1s were to the first death/kill?
And if that's not the case then Ziggs would be pretty broken considering he does so much damage to turrets.

Ziggs only does damage to turrets when there is no one to contest, that's why ziggs bot lane doesn't work well against waveclear(varus/malz/brand/sivir). Ziggs in a 1v1 would be pretty shit if they picked any hard engage champion.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
I just saw recent videos of tarzaned (the NA jungler who used to be rank 1) on YouTube. He actually knows what he is talking about as a jungler and makes a lot of sense. I found out that the problem with me was focusing on where the enemy jungler would gank. People will never expect a counter gank from Yi :^)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
add me for duos, supp thresh main here boyz, ign: mddstefan

DEVILLLLLLLLL HI added.
Added my boy Devil too.

Tarzaned might have a ton of knowledge but it still doesn't change the fact that he's an elo booster and very toxic. I would rather get informed by a slightly less skilled player that wasn't a blantant example of an arrogant high elo asshole. I use a lot of streams for learning to better my play, and it helps a lot.

Also, I'm in an elo hell loop I can't escape. I mean.. How do I win games like this?

Your boy

The frontline straight inted during late game, Brand was a complete nonfactor. I was 6-0(?) Out of lane on top of smashing MF out of usefulness but Shyv and Graves farmed brand and vi like it was the jungle. Vi was completely clueless and Swain did really good but when he got his lead he figured he could just 1v5 and live every fight. I had alright farm, KP, everything else. I can't close out games like this without competent teammates, I don't even have a decent duo partner to help me through this depression I deal with. It sucks honestly. I do reflect a lot on what I could do better to sway the tides of the game

BUT FUCK
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
Added my boy Devil too.

Tarzaned might have a ton of knowledge but it still doesn't change the fact that he's an elo booster and very toxic. I would rather get informed by a slightly less skilled player that wasn't a blantant example of an arrogant high elo asshole. I use a lot of streams for learning to better my play, and it helps a lot.

Also, I'm in an elo hell loop I can't escape. I mean.. How do I win games like this?

Your boy

The frontline straight inted during late game, Brand was a complete nonfactor. I was 6-0(?) Out of lane on top of smashing MF out of usefulness but Shyv and Graves farmed brand and vi like it was the jungle. Vi was completely clueless and Swain did really good but when he got his lead he figured he could just 1v5 and live every fight. I had alright farm, KP, everything else. I can't close out games like this without competent teammates, I don't even have a decent duo partner to help me through this depression I deal with. It sucks honestly. I do reflect a lot on what I could do better to sway the tides of the game

BUT FUCK

what I learned during my escape from bronze and silver is that if you want to climb, play less. It sounds counter intuitive, but if you put your all into your 1 daily game or 1 weekly game you'll climb higher since there is a bigger chance of you carrying and a lower chance of you finding trolls.

Also dont play when you're tilted, and dodge in champ select if your team loses in a 5v5. In most games, especially lower elo ones, games are decided on team fights
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
If you want to climb, play your best champ(1 or 2 if you get a different role) every game, and don't throw leads. If you're good enough to get leads, take your tower then roam to other lanes get your team to group do whatever. If you're 6-0 early on your team should win every teamfight at that point in time, the tanks won't be tanky and the damage dealers won't do enough damage to kill you and the rest of your team before you kill them.

Playing less works but it's also not going to make you better. You might climb up to silver but you won't actually be getting any better, you'll just have a better rank.