Toribash
Ah yes I heard of dwarf fortress a few months ago but was to lazy to actually look it up. Thanks for the links btw Cook!

Also it seems the community is quite alive (thank goodness).
If i could run across a beach into my own arms i would.
I'm almost done with school stuff and Tarn Adams announces a new version of dwarf fortress in July after two years of development.

Well I will try to update this post with more things(if there guys still playing).
so...how are you guys?
(\(\(\ My work /)/)/)
/)
_('ω'(Q) Have a Banana
wtf it's been 2 years since i played df
feels like yesterday

i fucking bet that when i play it again, the hotkeys are still in my fingers
f=m*a syens
I don't know wherever or not I'll have to relearn it or if I'll remember it; but I've been waiting for Adams to release it.
Following his FB feed.
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
wtf it's been 2 years since i played df
feels like yesterday

i fucking bet that when i play it again, the hotkeys are still in my fingers

yeap pretty much you can relearn them easly

Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
I don't know wherever or not I'll have to relearn it or if I'll remember it; but I've been waiting for Adams to release it.
Following his FB feed.

yeah pretty much I have been checking the feed everyday since 2 years
I can't wait

Anyway it's pretty nice that you guys are willing to play again lets do this STRIKE THE EARTH!
(\(\(\ My work /)/)/)
/)
_('ω'(Q) Have a Banana
The new update is coming to live in July. Can't wait! it's been almost a 2 years from the last update!
Soooo fun came!
they killed one dwarf but we got our revenge.Not many things have happened.

I'm pretty lucky they didn't find the way around climbing the ramb and entering
the fortress from over the walls.I'm removing any inside ramp just in case path finding does it's job and I'll wait.

I won all the fights that came so far but they are they are 76 (plus the elk birds)

-----
EDIT:
Actualy no a dwarf merchant who stuck on the map went into their way and died (I don't realy care they can't war with me).

Only elves can war against you
in this version,I'll war against sometime in the future.I hate them!
-----
OMG NoRIP for the legend:

so THE legend of all dwarfs has been knocked unconscious
for a year after a fight he had against goblins he has a false rib and a fractured liver
he just woke up and stood up and he is up to something
#Possesedbytehforces
Omg it's so glorious

THE LEGEND

Last edited by KillTheCook; Jun 23, 2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
(\(\(\ My work /)/)/)
/)
_('ω'(Q) Have a Banana
Epic. Why don't you have any cage traps though? They're cheap and OP. I always make a very long S shaped trail that leads to the entrance of my castle, but every tile of the path is a cage trap. I think I usually do about 100 cage traps: nothing can get past it.
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
Epic. Why don't you have any cage traps though? They're cheap and OP. I always make a very long S shaped trail that leads to the entrance of my castle, but every tile of the path is a cage trap. I think I usually do about 100 cage traps: nothing can get past it.

Ikr and when you get something cool in it make an arena I usualy make an arena.
How I build the arena.

The Drop:a small 3x3 or 4x4 for more ease with a hole(1 block is fine) in the middle and set it as a pit.
(note when you open the cage enemy who were inside it get's disarmed if I remember right.)

Go down one level and you get the arena around any way you want(rly how much big as you want from 4x4 to infinite x infite.

For archers:I use fortfications around the arena so they can shoot through killing it.

Melee:You must add a door no matter what!(even archers) that will lead inside the arena just remember to forbit when you fight.You should do that because you must pick the dead bodies or else you'll get miasma plus you get the goblin's clothes.

EXTRA VERY IMPORTAND NOTE:Make sure the arena isn't in a spot where non militia dwarfs go through because you will suffer a lot of job cancelation because the goblin's face soo spooky(2spooky4dwarfs).

EDIT: how to drop a caged "anything" place the cage next to the small hole then choose the pit in the middle and drop the enemy

Profit from this: Dwarves get kills + more experience
Last edited by KillTheCook; Jun 23, 2014 at 06:28 PM.
(\(\(\ My work /)/)/)
/)
_('ω'(Q) Have a Banana