Toribash
I would normally share chicken's apprehensions about the chess community. However I think the nature of the battle variant makes those worries negligible. A computer might even lead you down unfavorable lines. The ability for any piece to pound through normal defences and take the king, that really throws normal chess for a loop. I'd be happy to represent the clan as chessmaster and/or battle piece. Or if anyone would like to duel me for the honor of representing the clan as chessmaster, we can duke it out at chess.com. (my name there is Bisque) I understand this is still in the formulation stage but I've got some questions.
1. Prizes? entry fee?
2. How long do chessmasters have to make moves?
3. I'm curious about the nature of the battles. Are battles to be fought at a specified time, or just reported in?

If you come upon any chess related questions during the event, I'd be happy to help out. I was captain (high nerd) of my chess team in high school and college.
I'll open thread on our clan board and you come there and we will talk. I don't wanna to clog your board since I'm a guest here.
Just look for thread ''event discussion' in [fl0w] DSC. See ya there.
Originally Posted by 1handclap View Post
I would normally share chicken's apprehensions about the chess community. However I think the nature of the battle variant makes those worries negligible. A computer might even lead you down unfavorable lines. The ability for any piece to pound through normal defences and take the king, that really throws normal chess for a loop. I'd be happy to represent the clan as chessmaster and/or battle piece. Or if anyone would like to duel me for the honor of representing the clan as chessmaster, we can duke it out at chess.com. (my name there is Bisque) I understand this is still in the formulation stage but I've got some questions.
1. Prizes? entry fee?
2. How long do chessmasters have to make moves?
3. I'm curious about the nature of the battles. Are battles to be fought at a specified time, or just reported in?

If you come upon any chess related questions during the event, I'd be happy to help out. I was captain (high nerd) of my chess team in high school and college.

*slaps 1hand with challenge glow* Bring your cat... u might need help
Changing thread - PPP needs logo for shirts D:
PPP - Polish Portal of Penspinning (Polski Portal Penspiningowy, in Polish :3)
Here's a (polish) topic, if You're intrested: http://forum.penspinning.pl/viewtopi...f097f64#203348
We're looking for Vectors (Corel, Illustrator).
If You can do - PM me
Originally Posted by aleks95 View Post
Changing thread - PPP needs logo for shirts D:
PPP - Polish Portal of Penspinning (Polski Portal Penspiningowy, in Polish :3)
Here's a (polish) topic, if You're intrested: http://forum.penspinning.pl/viewtopi...f097f64#203348
We're looking for Vectors (Corel, Illustrator).
If You can do - PM me

I can do it... I work quite a lot with illustrator CS5 and i did and still dong some logos/deplian and such for "work" (and they pay me for it), now im doing a poster for a company in Holland and a logo for a luxury goods in Beirut + a logo for a danish website.... you want a sample?
-----
also...
Last edited by Chikin; May 18, 2011 at 04:39 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Anyone having Imperial Force and want to sell it to me for 3k?
javascript code:
function () { alert(' you re sexy waffle ! '); };