Toribash
View Poll Results: What should be done to #nitro ?
Drop it.
5 Votes / 55.56%
Let it be.
3 Votes / 33.33%
What is IRC ?
1 Votes / 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Mater5001 View Post
hypocrite

grammar*
give him a break he's from sweden guys cmon

Regardless of where they come from. If they can't speak proper English, then they really shouldn't be here.
Also. Saying NO to your application, Nilo
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by nilo123tje View Post
dude i talk flowing english

Flowing should not have been used anywhere in that sentence.

Ever.

My vote is no.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with his English. In my opinion, it's perfect, aside from a few missing commas and some misplaced words (but it's not like the words he chose were way off). I think the only thing that threw some people off was his strange paragraph structure, which isn't really a big deal. I'm a stickler for a good application, but Nilo's application wasn't poor as far as grammar was concerned. Rather, it was just fairly short and lacking in content.

If Pie says he's good in game, that's fine. I'd just like to know a little more about his personal life. What grade is he in? How well does he do in school? Does he have any extra curricular activities? What does he do in his free time? Does he like any other video games? Why did he choose Nitro?

Those are a few questions that would be good if they were answered. Best of luck!
-----
Also, I'm starting to think that it's not a good idea for people to post where they're from in their applications. I feel like applicants who are from non-English speaking countries tell us their nationality in their application, but are then scrutinized more heavily to see if their English is adequate. Because yes, I do think that when somebody tells us their nationality, judges will reread the application specifically looking for grammatical errors. Besides, it's not like all of us have perfect English anyway. All of this is coming from someone who thinks he has one of the most advanced English levels in the clan.
Last edited by SkyWhale; May 31, 2015 at 05:09 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
I'm intrigued. I'll watch them. Also, Vokster, I'd make it a rule on this thread to give comments about the replay above your post before you're allowed to post your own replay. And it has to be good cnc, not some "good job, 6/10, liked the spin" type stuff. Anyway, download time.
-----
Good job! Nice replay. Your glutes were too far apart for my liking. Simple opener, but you had a decent follow up. I wasn't a fan of the grab location, but it wasn't bad. The kick was nice, but it wasn't the cleanest, try not to hit Uke with your knee before you hit him with your foot. The pose was great. GG
Last edited by SkyWhale; May 31, 2015 at 06:10 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Co-leader of Nitro | Replays
Originally Posted by SkyWhale View Post
Hey, there's nothing wrong with his English. In my opinion, it's perfect, aside from a few missing commas and some misplaced words (but it's not like the words he chose were way off). I think the only thing that threw some people off was his strange paragraph structure, which isn't really a big deal. I'm a stickler for a good application, but Nilo's application wasn't poor as far as grammar was concerned. Rather, it was just fairly short and lacking in content.

If Pie says he's good in game, that's fine. I'd just like to know a little more about his personal life. What grade is he in? How well does he do in school? Does he have any extra curricular activities? What does he do in his free time? Does he like any other video games? Why did he choose Nitro?

Those are a few questions that would be good if they were answered. Best of luck!
-----
Also, I'm starting to think that it's not a good idea for people to post where they're from in their applications. I feel like applicants who are from non-English speaking countries tell us their nationality in their application, but are then scrutinized more heavily to see if their English is adequate. Because yes, I do think that when somebody tells us their nationality, judges will reread the application specifically looking for grammatical errors. Besides, it's not like all of us have perfect English anyway. All of this is coming from someone who thinks he has one of the most advanced English levels in the clan.

Skywhale. His application was abhorrent. His format was awful, and the structures of his sentences made it unbearable to read. People would say that application don't matter as much as what you can do in game, but that's not entirely true. If it appears as though your ability to form a complete sentence is entirely lacking, or even say something worthwhile in a sentence. It's obvious you won't be able to to contribute anything when it comes to a clan discussion, or simply a discussion in game. And, people will make the excuse that English isn't their first language. Sure. That's true, but that doesn't change that fact that they won't be able to contribute much in a discussion. It seems a bit bias to only choose members who derive from a foreign country but are still capable of speaking English, but that's the way it has to be, or as I've stated they will not be able to contribute to a discussion.
Regardless. The current stance on Nilo's application is (No, yes) 2-2. Final verdict will be posted tomorrow.
Last edited by Valterain1; May 31, 2015 at 06:33 PM.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
you guys who have been here for a bit seem to have forgotten that nilo was in nitro previously(I'm pretty sure or he had at least applied) and we didn't have a problem with his English then. so im gonna vote Yes