Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by snake View Post

encourage players to be creative and develop new techniques.

this is the objetive i like a loot because i had 1 month working on a tecnique when you get a real back throw , example irl i a guy get you back and try to grab your shoulders , head , elbow ; you just grab his arm and put "jinete" stance but keep it backward.

Also a suggestion by my part : research better the grabs for any tecnique ( i guess snake will tell me it, like turn overs is better grab tricep or biceps and etc for "x" tecnique) and improve the grab sistem because its like you grab your oponent and its a > ok i had him no more and start setting up a tecnique.

P.S: i dont mean play with the grab glitch.

Edit:VVV

Posessed question: Snake is making this org into something I really don't know if I want to be a part of anymore. I mean the tiered ranking is a phenominal idea, and the new organization of the forum is nice, but a lot of things are too bushido here.

I mean for tier 3 you FORCE players not to contract wrists at all? The best players in this mod all contract wrists because it's better. And then you also require supplexing for tier 3, which if you try to supplex with extended wrists it's not nearly as effective and it will get your fingertips DQ'ed more often than not.

Snake I like what you did with TW, but I don't think you're getting the concept of Team Aikido. Aikido is a mod where many play styles are effective and you have a lot of freedom to play how you'd like, yet snake you're making this org into a very narrow minded approach at a mod that's much bigger than that.

You should either take your bushido crap elsewhere, or change the ranking requirements so that people don't need to play "realistically" to be considered a great aikido player.

about the contract wrist and no contract wrist , as you said contract wrist its better only if you want an easy control at the start , but dont contract wrist gives to you more work on setting up tecniques making each one use the knowledge of have a good balance , a base foot and a strong foot (depends on the case while playing Aikido and what tecnique you are setting up) and gives more chances ( why ? ) cause you are using advance learnings like a strong balance and good control of the match and more chance to set up correct a tecnique.

about play realistically: all dont have to do it its only a decission , but when you play you might make a throw , a turn over , a suplex without play realistically and that anyway its good but in anyway its a decision for each one to take and there is no problem if you say no to play realistic cause its a decision you make , example for tier 1 the red guy dont play realistic but make really good throws , suplexes and his skill at aikido its high , now the blue guy play realistic making proper suplex , throws with quality but had a bad control of the match. what you think will get in tier 1 ?

The answer is simple : both , because they had the necessary skill for enter both have the requirements for tier 1 if they make the tecniques clean.

and the bushido is not shit its just another way of play , the way of realistic skilled play.
Last edited by Jenson; Sep 1, 2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: defending snake :3
SWAVES IS THE REAL CHAMP!
Went back to a basic improv opener, pretty relaxed
Attached Files
old school throw.rpl (76.7 KB, 24 views)
tackle.rpl (38.4 KB, 21 views)
much risk.rpl (57.8 KB, 21 views)
Oldschooler | Evolution
Spars
Nice poop i really like the old school!

tried to do the arm lock throw its really hard to
Attached Files
nice throw.rpl (71.7 KB, 17 views)
suplexo.rpl (49.3 KB, 13 views)
CREAM ON !
I'm willing to give this a shot

Never tried anything with that feel before but I think it won't be too difficult

http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSkipz/videos
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
My opinion is void but I would recommend DatSkip
♥Team Aikido♦OoT♣Team Lenshu♠
~Link is my personal Dj