Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

We could always hire someone, as I don't think anyone in here actually does that in the level of detail you're after

And if anyone can where have you been :v
[TA] | Suggestions thread
-

TA mission is to:
----------encourage players to try whole variety of aikido mods, instead of abd 24/7
----------encourage players to try and learn new techniques,
----------encourage players to be creative and develop new techniques,

----------ranking should be transparent and objective by being based on concrete requiremets in it's core, instead of relying entirely on opinions of members, concil or even leaders, so appliacant can check if he is meeting requirements or not, by checking in with open list
----------example: can do A - ranked up, can't do A - no rank up.

this is the current core idea / mission, and it's going to stay, but how it can be achieved is a question to change.

question

resume: forcing people to use specific moves/ techniques

answer: we don't force people to do so but we are kinda lets say bored or disappointing from how aikido is played nowdays as people use advantages like contracted wrists that results in fun loss and extensive use of this techniques. So we "challenge" aikido lovers to demonstrate how different their "style" can be. Who doesnt love being twisted in the air in aikido while he is still in the dojo?
Last edited by snake; Aug 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM.
CREAM ON !
You demonstrate how different it can be by showing it to people, not forcing them to use the technique YOU prefer/want.
lmao wtf is that xD

Leg sweep is basically turning your legs into a pendulum where you contract your balancing hip and then sweeping your opponent up by extending your other hip, then throw them over and pinning them.
^ Agreed. As I said in my post I actually agree with most of the changes: A tiered ranking system, forum organization, threads look better etc etc.

However, when it comes down to changing my playstyle to what someone else deems is "good" then that doesn't inspire creativity from me anymore. I realize that things like extended wrists show more skill if you can pull it off etc, but doesn't it show even more skill if you actually know how to give yourself an advantage from the beginning?

I agree that Aikido nowadays has very little creativity. Contracted pecs and contracted wrists are a norm in every game, however the entire goal of TA shouldn't be focused around a style of aikido that a small portion of the community uses, it should be centralized around creating YOUR OWN unique style of aikido. For some people their style might be super defensive with a supplex, for others it might be extending the wrists and doing bushido styles, and even for others it might be DM Kicking every time, and we can judge them all we want, but who are we to force them not to do it?

That's just my two cents. I'd hate to see this org split, but allowing multiple different ways to progress through a tier would be nice depending on your play style.
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.
Firstly, I'd like to point out that you aren't FORCED to always not contract wrists. But just like in TW if you want to achieve a tier you must show you're competent and capable or playing without any advantages and that you can actually play well under certain conditions. After you achieve your tier you can do whatever the hell you like (in TW people just comeback anyways because it's fun). So if you want to contract wrists after you get T1 then go ahead.

Secondly, I'd also like to point out that the best players in the mod actually don't contract wrists. Watch for players like Tman, SainTD and players such as themselves. To counter contracted wrists with a relaxed/extended/held wrist opener, simply grab their actual wrist joint or they forearms. What happens is that they can't use their wrists at all and you'll end up forcing their elbows to dq from too much force. It's just another tactic and you'll feel like much more of a better player if you succeed.

snake is simply trying to broaden your horizons and teach Team Aikido members how to play with more finesse and fairplay. No one else helped him in doing the tiers, so how should he know what you want out of it?
He did say that suggestions are welcome for different requirements/skillsets for each tier and how you can rank up by playing either way.

Going back to my first point, if someone can define a new set of skills/requirements for tiers, then you can play however you'd when you apply to any tier (contracted wrists and the works).
Suggestions are always very welcome, so please, get involved with the org and help out.

edit:
Originally Posted by MindStorm View Post
For some people their style might be super defensive with a supplex, for others it might be extending the wrists and doing bushido styles, and even for others it might be DM Kicking every time, and we can judge them all we want, but who are we to force them not to do it?

I doubt you'd be able to join Team Aikido because of getting DMs. ;d Good players are shown by their impressive saves and their movement/counters, not by getting dismemberments/decaps (although sometimes dismemberments/decaps can be funny in aikido ;d ).
Last edited by Holotor; Aug 28, 2014 at 07:02 AM.
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
So I tried that leg sweep thingy here it is. Idk if it's actually right or not lmfao.

wat is this flailing and why are you grabbing the same wrist with both hands

your left arm is literally useless

anyway i have this replay from a 10k duel a month or so ago

i like leg sweeps because they r powerful, effective, and hard as hell to counter in a ton of situations, unlike most throws

not exactly a fluid or orthodox leg sweep but cool nonetheless, mostly because imo nothing is cooler than styling on a kid who's trying hard to win
Attached Files
asdfasdaa.rpl (38.6 KB, 93 views)
My 10 Cents is this. I play toribash like once every week or two, Since I work 2 jobs, 6 days a week. I play aikido because I enjoy it and every game I play is for the fun of enjoying Toribash and Aikido in particular.

I dont care about having to pull your fancy moves just to move up in a org I have been a part of for quite a while. I still use the crappy decap that Fachry used to use just for the luls, because Its funny and I enjoy it.

Sure this org is about Improving and being better players and learning, but I dont believe anyone should be forced into a certain style of play, creativity and freedom are two key concepts of Toribash and Aikido. Sure, Plenty of people are going to lift or shovel, Stop crying and learn to counter. FFS, Hold All if that makes you happy and you have fun playing like that.

Anyway... That was like 10 000 Cents of rubbish, But just play the game and have fun

Edit: also wtf is up with paying for Ranks and waiting 4 weeks and all that stuff. This is a org, not a business
Last edited by Muse; Aug 28, 2014 at 09:54 AM.
TINT
TA | TGO | TMA
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Made by Fenris