Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

10 seconds before i spilled hot coffee all over my belly
Don't drink and selfie <,<
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Everyone knows about sparings. Many people do the sparing replays. Some events was made for people to do such replays.

But I haven't seen an event the main goal of which was to make a classic aikido sparring.

So what about to make such Team Aikido Event?
TEAM AIKIDO
Interesting. Both players could try to replicate real-life throws that wouldn't be possible in competative play.
And then we could, like, ask someone to make a compliation vid of the best ones.
The only real issue is where do we get the tc to fund the event from? I can contribute with what I have, but i'm really poor. Maybe we should ask the GM's to sponsor us.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
everything is possible within competative play, we just need to have more people working on potential techniques.

we made throws to be effective, i'm pretty sure we can do so with the rest

also funding is not really a problem, there is TW solution ;)
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
[TA] | Promo vid | 合気道 | ~LOOKING FOR VID MAKERS!
okay due to some re-branding we need a promotional video

slogan:
Team Aikido
EVOLVE

the idea:
showcasing replays from simple to more complex while changing tiers up to the point of showcasing perspective techniques as front throws and other complex stuff

is to show and encourage scrubs to evolve into bushido faggots by simple steps

replays required:
follow ranking table for refferences of which mod and which techniques you need to show

color scheme/shaders:
strictly light grayscalse shaders

no user textures, all replays will be anonimized in similar fashion to this:

showcasing techniques in each mod in each tier

preferable look:

music choice:

something among these lines

Last edited by snake; Aug 24, 2014 at 09:07 AM.
tell me about aikido
[TA] | {New Technique Development} | Under de-construction
Thanks to Stazis for creating our awesome new logo

Greetings, so in this thread we can talk about all the technical stuff in aikido and work together on developing new techniques!

Do not post without the intent to contribute to an ongoing [TA] study.
We suggest new members only read.

Here is some inspiration video of what we should strive to achieve at some point!

R&D list:
Bushido Style Study
Pages: 1-3
Key Posts:
Summary: snake you do this

Judo Throw Study
Pages: 4,5,7-12
Key Posts: Iver Aquita TimmyboyG snake Zwift
Summary: Medium risk, high reward throws that require great practice to become effective. Tutorial in knowledge base. 

Judo Footsweep Study
Pages: 13-16
Key Posts: Aquita Iver Jenson Zwift
Summary: Low risk, high reward takedowns that require good practice to be effective. 

Flying Armbar Study
Pages: 6, 17,18 
Key Posts: Aquita TimmyboyG
Summary: Medium risk, medium reward joint lock that lets you immobilize your opponent using multiple control points. Takes great practice to become effective.

Snap Kick Study
Pages: 17,18
Key Posts: Aquita monkeyishi
Summary: Predicatable, risky, and all too common opener that holds the bonus chance of dismembering a limb. 
Can be easily countered by carefully catching the kick or blocked with a kick check or lowered arm.
When kicking you should aim for weakspots like the armpit, or where the chest and lumbar connect.

BJJ Style Study
Pages: 19-21
Key Posts: Aquita monkeyishi
Summary: Pulling guard and executing guard sweeps are very advanced tactics that require good practice before becoming applicable. Otherwise they are risky to beginners.
Pulling guard can slow the fight down and put the oppenent in unfamiliar/unpredicatable hold.
Top Pressure is very effective in finishing and immobolizing a downed opponent.
Joint-locks will be further developed in their own study.

Dynamic Gripping Study
Pages: 21
Key Posts: monkeyishi Aquita monkeyishi(2)
Summary: Never settle for your starting grips. Change your grabs to attack the base and COG of your opponent and keep him guessing. 

Wrestling Style Study
Pages: 21
Key Posts: monkeyishi   Aquita
Summary: Incomplete

General Striking Study
Pages:
Key Posts: RedPanda
Summary: Incomplete

Joint-lock Study
Pages:
Key Posts:
Summary: Not yet started

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hip throw forward -------Possible from clap, play with opener to get the concept -------Require opponent to clap -------Contributers: snake, chlebicek, Holo -------Replays: replay1, replay2, replay3 Leg sweep forward -------Achieveable with clap on start -------Similar concept to hip throw forward -------Contributers: Possesed, HiPower, snake, Holo -------Replays: replay1, replay2, replay3 (possible from clap, effective)

Technique Development Cycle

Last edited by footlox; Jul 28, 2016 at 05:51 PM.
tell me about aikido
[TA] | ATTENTION!!! |合気道 | ~EVERYONE READ IT!
rem
Last edited by snake; Jan 23, 2015 at 08:56 PM.
tell me about aikido