Toribash
Yea that drawing was a original pencile drawing but when i scanned it and started working on it i used the previous lines from the scan to make a new trace of it on a new layer. and i went from there trying to fill in forums with color and ect.
[Evil][OLDA][wl][pro pot]
Originally Posted by thesorrow1 View Post
Yea that drawing was a original pencile drawing but when i scanned it and started working on it i used the previous lines from the scan to make a new trace of it on a new layer. and i went from there trying to fill in forums with color and ect.

Use layers. Always separate your work on different layers.
First layer, above all others: your sketch or line drawing, under it: coloring of the figure(s), and under that: background. If you separate this things on even more layers, like:
On layer for the hair, another for the face, and another for the shading - u will get even nicer results + if u make any kind of mistake it is easily correctable.
Also, when you paint something and the painting gets ''outside the borders'' just use eraser on the edges. Don't try to smudge the edges of the character you are painting with the background. It will look blurry, and you need to have the character somehow excluded from the background.
Latter you can add some paint from the background lighting to the character and that will be thing that will connect those two. Like, if you have a background that has more yellow in it then any other color, you then must apply some yellow also on the character. That is natural thing you can see all around you. Just try to stand close to some big read thing and you will notice that much of that color is reflecting on your body. Surrounding ''radiate'' vibrant colors.
-----
Also tip with using scanned pencil images:

1. Put them on the layer above all other layers
2. With brightness/contrast slider make them more darker
3. Use layer properties (every program that use layers have layer properties option) and set layer to: MULTIPLY - it will remove all white color of the paper from which you scanned your drawing, leaving only dark lines of your pencil sketch! Then you can color on layer below without fuss
Last edited by 8OJ4N; Apr 1, 2011 at 07:31 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
Use layers. Always separate your work on different layers.
First layer, above all others: your sketch or line drawing, under it: coloring of the figure(s), and under that: background. If you separate this things on even more layers, like:
On layer for the hair, another for the face, and another for the shading - u will get even nicer results + if u make any kind of mistake it is easily correctable.
Also, when you paint something and the painting gets ''outside the borders'' just use eraser on the edges. Don't try to smudge the edges of the character you are painting with the background. It will look blurry, and you need to have the character somehow excluded from the background.
Latter you can add some paint from the background lighting to the character and that will be thing that will connect those two. Like, if you have a background that has more yellow in it then any other color, you then must apply some yellow also on the character. That is natural thing you can see all around you. Just try to stand close to some big read thing and you will notice that much of that color is reflecting on your body. Surrounding ''radiate'' vibrant colors.
-----
Also tip with using scanned pencil images:

1. Put them on the layer above all other layers
2. With brightness/contrast slider make them more darker
3. Use layer properties (every program that use layers have layer properties option) and set layer to: MULTIPLY - it will remove all white color of the paper from which you scanned your drawing, leaving only dark lines of your pencil sketch! Then you can color on layer below without fuss

Like i said bro i have taken graphic design classes before the only thing you said that i didnt know was

But i knew about adding color from the bg to flesh/skin tone, but i dont really know how to apply it to my work so i didnt really attempt it. I have something im working on now that should turn out a lot nicer than this one. also for layers i used to work that way but i found a better process for working digitally its called "clipping mask" and short layers. Using this method will save you a lot on file size if your working big.
Here watch some of the vids at this site bro it helped me a ton. Latter you can add some paint from the background lighting to the character and that will be thing that will connect those two. Like, if you have a background that has more yellow in it then any other color, you then must apply some yellow also on the character. That is natural thing you can see all around you. Just try to stand close to some big read thing and you will notice that much of that color is reflecting on your body. Surrounding ''radiate'' vibrant colors.
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/home/2011/1...ion-layer.html
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/home/2011/3...o-windows.html
http://www.ctrlpaint.com/home/2011/3...is-a-mask.html

Some of the good ones but all of the ones he has on his site are useful
I'm doing a AIT (Applied information technology) course at school atm, it's pretty cool. We're doing some 3d animations and stuff.
EVIL|ANIME UNITED|(>^(>'o')>

Finished this today i think this is about as far as i am going to get with this but i think i can see a over all increase in my speed and just use of layer property's /clipping masks.