Toribash
Unless clinkz was changed, isn't he still just a hard carry with windwalk?
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Ive never had a 12 minute blink on anyone.
i barely get 12 minute mana boots at the best of times on a support.

Well yeah man, because those wards.
Even lh'ing the pull camps makes it tough to keep wards up if you die a few times.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

Dunno, I see people play him as semi-carry. Though they usually just feed too.
Originally Posted by Dinis View Post
No matter how fucking hard I try, every time I random clinkz I just fucking feed like crazy. His playstyle is weird.

hes not really a carry, more of a pickoff and ganging orientated hero.
a good start is essential for clinks, so DO. NOT. DIE.
build straight for an orchid once you get your boots, dont even finish treads, straight for orchid, and soon as thats finished, run away and kill shit.
kill a big neutral creep with your ulti, ww up behind some unlucky douche, pop strafe and silence that muthafucka.

also, never go into a fight untill your windwalk is off cooldown.
you shouldnt be dying as a clinks, if it smells funny, windwalk away from it. play super safe when youre not ganging, and agro as fuck when you are ganging.

max wind walk with fire arrows as your secondary, once those are done you can bother with strafe, get the 2 sages masks early so you can comfortably last hit with fire arrows.
head for a MKB, deadalus and butterfly in the late game, but realistically, after 40 minutes, clinks fades off, with zero survivability, he gets knocked out quick sticks in the late late game.

your job is to annoy people all over the map, picking off stray heroes and making space for the carry to farm.

Check out some of Funnik from navi's clinkz games, he plays clinkz how clinkz should be played
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 20, 2013 at 09:43 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
He's not the same as I remember him then :< stupid evolving meta.

Also, any reason why I would have occasional disconnects mid-game? Is it just a finicky netcode that causes a longer reconnection time than actual time disconnected or what?

And I played my first game in forever as skeleton king. It took forever for me to get the game to stop frame skipping horribly, and eventually just settled with turning everything to low or off, so I could look at the most ass graphics at a smooth fps. Bot game, so it didn't go horribly wrong.

Just curious, skeleton king is still basically a tank right? So I wouldn't be wrong to finish a vanguard first right? I'm just so confused by the shop that I can't find anything. And is SnY still a good item in the current meta?
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Is there any way to zoom out more than standard max zoom? I can only see about a 30m radius around me.
f=m*a syens
Just curious, skeleton king is still basically a tank right? So I wouldn't be wrong to finish a vanguard first right? I'm just so confused by the shop that I can't find anything. And is SnY still a good item in the current meta?

SK is a strength carry, armlet, deso is where its at.
the change to his crit ability in 6.78 has also made him a little less relevant.
pure tanks are a waste, not just in the current meta, but in the overall scheme of things.
if youre not going to dish out the damage, no one is going to focus you.
tanky heroes are generally tank for a reason, like axe, bristleback, cw, tide or magnus, to cause as much chaos and to have as much initiation value as possible, without dying.
heroes like SK, naix, alchemist and CK, are tanky, but tanky to the point where they can carry effectively.
the change has made strength heroes much more focussed and relevant in the late game.

Vanguard is a waste of an item atm, outside of the early game, its a waste of an item slot.
would only really get it on axe or bristleback.
IF the farms that good.
it would be amazing if you could disassemble it and reuse it for hood and heart items.

S&Y is an ok item, but its fallen out of favor, seeing as manta and halbeard are so much better.
Last edited by BenDover; Aug 20, 2013 at 08:25 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
Is there any way to zoom out more than standard max zoom? I can only see about a 30m radius around me.

Not in regular games, only with cheats!