Toribash
Kicked out because he started an ego-fag clan called "sygnus is god" or something like that.
So like, I'm buying a laptop because of the reason discussed in the past 2 pages.

Compaq, Toshiba, Acer or gateway?

Because appearently bio is all knowing about computers [ see what I did there ]
My seniority means you should probably just agree with everything I say
I wouldn't suggest a laptop. Get a desktop, so you can atleast upgrade it. I made the mistake of picking laptop simply for mobility, and it's not worth it. but if you still wanna go for a laptop, i would suggest ASUS, that's what I use. My specific model, U52k is pretty good for most games besides minecraft.

But that also depends on your price range.
blarghhh I am really only going to use it for school and toribash; in a vain effort to try and stop gaming as much.

The thing is, I plan on spending less than 500 because if I were to spend more, I might as well get a desktop, but I think I might transition out of gaming, and more into schoolwork.
That's what I was thinking. They seem to be somewhat robust.

off topic/ any of you guys going to apply for the local mod in the off-topic board?
Only person here who I could really imagine applying would be...SID ;_;

Also checking out a computer for about 750$ to replace the fake one I received a few weeks ago.

2TB SATA II Hard Drive
Processor & Memory:
AMD Phenom™ II 955 Quad-Core processor (3.2 GHz)
AMD® 760G+SB710 Chipset
16GB DDR3 Memory (Obsessive much?)
Graphics:
Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 series graphics from AMD

Good deal orrr?
I'm probably going to replace the graphics card after buying it.
oh yeah
^^
Nice quad core processor, although any radeon below 3000 is meh. Good for the processor but won't replacing the video card demand a new power supply? I have heard that is a pain.

You are probably right, but I'm going to try and apply anyway. Been around-ish for almost 3 years; Although my post count is kind of low.
Oh, I forgot to post it, but one of the main reasons I chose this computer is its awesome 350 watt power supply. I have a geforce 8600 I'll probably use immediately after receiving the computer, but I'll probably eventually upgrade it to something better if I ever get money.
Also I'm totally not a hardware person so I'm relying on the kindness of others here.
oh yeah