Toribash
Originally Posted by Kido View Post
i just got a wii u and i was thinking of getting that game. how much would you rate it compared to old ones ( brawl and below ) ?

Depends if you're looking to play it at a casual level, or a competitive level. If you're looking to play at a competitive level, Melee is the superior game, due to its speed, and technical aspect. Smash 4 can also be competitive, with the characters being more balanced, and more accessable, though its's not really technical, and slower than Melee. Not saying that Smash 4 is a bad competitive competitive game, it's still really good, and fun to play at a competitive level.

For casual gameplay, they're all good, though the characters are really easy to unlock in Smash 4 compared to the other games. I still highly recommend buying Smash 4 if you haven't already.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020
Melee is the greatest game ever made so it has that going for it

PeoplesChamp
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Damn Genesis stream is so fucking hype!

Ranai is my new hero, his 1 v 2 play is unreal.

Haven't seen much of Melee yet but heard it's going well too, gonna have a look now.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
If I just started to get into super smash bros on a higher e-sport level, which characters would you recommend that are less mechanically demanding?
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Genesis III is pretty good so far. Been watching Melee Doubles. Grand Finals for Doubles just ended...

in case you don't want the winners spoiled

Just started watching Singles. Armada is probably going to win Singles tbh. He's been playing really well for the past year. Plus him getting placed Rank 1 for 2015, he's pretty much the choice to win. (or mango...)
-----
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
If I just started to get into super smash bros on a higher e-sport level, which characters would you recommend that are less mechanically demanding?

Depends what game you're talking about. If you're talking about Melee, probably Skeik, or Jigglypuff
Last edited by Rfifan; Jan 17, 2016 at 04:10 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Depends what game you're playing for a start .

And your preferred play-style as well.

For people just starting out though, in terms of Smash 4 anyway, Mario is a good start for learning fundamentals in the game. He's pretty simple to get down moveset wise and can deal with most of the cast efficiently with a simple enough aggressive play-style.

I feel like using them at first really opens up the gate to using other more complex styles found in other characters.

Hope that makes some sense, watching two streams at the same time as writing this haha.

------
Ninja'd hard, the 3 min gap...
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09

I agree with rfifan, I started with Sheik myself and I haven't switched in 1.5 years, though I've been considering playing fox for a while.

If you want even easier tech you can play Jigglypuff or Marth

Originally Posted by Snook View Post
Damn Genesis stream is so fucking hype!

Ranai is my new hero, his 1 v 2 play is unreal.

Haven't seen much of Melee yet but heard it's going well too, gonna have a look now.

Melee is hype, a lot of falcon players are performing well which is good to see for once
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
I'm sure I'm going to disappoint everyone by saying this because it's absolutely NOT the cool thing to say but I was talking about Smash 4. I'm not playing Melee :c

Mario is pretty interesting, I know it's all flash but I love when you get a satisfying cape.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!
I'm sure I'm going to disappoint everyone by saying this because it's absolutely NOT the cool thing to say but I was talking about Smash 4. I'm not playing Melee :c

Mario is pretty interesting, I know it's all flash but I love when you get a satisfying cape.

You're playing the wrong game.

Just kidding. Smash 4 is a good competitive smash game too. Just don't play Brawl on a competitive level, and you're fine with us.

Though if you do come to Melee, remember that Jigglypuff, Marth, and Shiek are not very technically demanding, and are pretty easy to learn. (by that, I mean they won't give you carpal tunnel by playing them)
Originally Posted by Rfifan View Post
You're playing the wrong game.

Just kidding. Smash 4 is a good competitive smash game too. Just don't play Brawl on a competitive level, and you're fine with us.

Though if you do come to Melee, remember that Jigglypuff, Marth, and Shiek are not very technically demanding, and are pretty easy to learn. (by that, I mean they won't give you carpal tunnel by playing them)

Well in college to make friends I played billiards and Brawl. In Brawl I played Olimar all the time and got really strong with him. Then Smash 4 came out, and I usually don't give a care about graphics but man Final Destination was so god damn beautiful I was mesmerized.

But yeah Jigglypuff looks my speed. I like studying things and I'm not a very mechanically gifted at any game I've ever played. I need wits to have a shot to win.
Need help?
Just Use Thunder!