Toribash
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
I've only played 12.3 hours of vidya games in the past 2 weeks. wtf

You need more Vidya games in your life
Originally Posted by Kriegery View Post
I'd love to have a 97.5% win rate, but no one is that good. That just means that I'm in the top 2.5% percent of users playing that time control on this particular website. I've been in the top 0.8% before, but that was half a year ago. And this is correspondence chess, which means I have at least 24 hours to make a single move

Just an avid correspondence player^^

I don’t really like «*classic*» chess because the games take a lot of time (if both players are good). By cons, I play Chinese chess (I have a maternal family who is Asian) and the rules are almost the same, kill the king except, that it must be done in other way . Take a look, this strategy game is called Xianqi
Originally Posted by EradeoStar View Post
I don’t really like «*classic*» chess because the games take a lot of time (if both players are good). By cons, I play Chinese chess (I have a maternal family who is Asian) and the rules are almost the same, kill the king except, that it must be done in other way . Take a look, this strategy game is called Xianqi

You can still play Blitz matches, which take between 2-10minutes ;)
I love playing long games, like 3-4h for one game, but only in person, not online.

'Chinese Chess' definitely sounds interesting, I'll have to try it out
[TLL]
You can still play Blitz matches, which take between 2-10minutes ;)
I love playing long games, like 3-4h for one game, but only in person, not online.

'Chinese Chess' definitely sounds interesting, I'll have to try it out

«Blitz Chess» seems to be a beginner mod
«Blitz Chess» seems to be a beginner mod

Blitz chess has the same game rules, but it's way faster. And harder, because you'll have to rely to your intuition
[TLL]
Blitz chess has the same game rules, but it's way faster. And harder, because you'll have to rely to your intuition

Yea but it doesn’t show your real chess skills because fast plays mean a lot of errors
Yea but it doesn’t show your real chess skills because fast plays mean a lot of errors

That's a point, but not completely true. Noobs make a lot of errors, intermediate players may miss some tactics or mates but really good players may miss a really complicated tactic or a mate in 10.

They'd never lose a game against me if I had two hours and they have 5 minutes, even if they wouldn't be able to think when my clock is ticking.

But I agree, if you want to play "pure" chess you have to play longer time controls
[TLL]