Toribash
Originally Posted by b3aquino View Post
Am I still okay to apply in the future? If yes I will remain clanless until I can re apply

You can.
Do you guys have tips for me since I know I'm "young" in toribash
MY LIST OF COOL PEOPLE
MagmaClash Spastic023 ghostz11 Brie
Originally Posted by b3aquino View Post
Do you guys have tips for me since I know I'm "young" in toribash

Try to stay active and get to know the cool people like me
or just go on irc and chill
or just go on the toribash client and be good m8
my name is mossd i am 2nd dan black belt and i am really good i know some people in your clan i have played with a bit of ur clan i have seen your player play
Last edited by Danny; Aug 18, 2014 at 12:49 PM.
I am a brexit survivor.
Also sometimes i go outside and wonder why am I outside.
Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
Try to stay active and get to know the cool people, not like me

Fixed
beep
Play this while you read for extra hype :D

I'm so sorry, I think I made this way too long. Sorry, I'm the kind of person who when the teacher says "5-10 pages" I say "Oh but I need an 11th". Just read the first and last paragraph and talk to me on IRC if you're TL:DR.

Hello members of Clan Inquisition!

This is my application to join the inner circle of inquisitors, as I’ve grown to admire many parts of your community and I feel like I would be a great fit within it. So here is my application. Warning it’s extremely long so if you’re a TL:DR type of person, then just talk to me on the IRC and you’ll probably meet me better as a person anyways.

For starters, let me introduce myself. My toribash username is MindStorm (Previously TheMindStormMan), but most people refer to me as simply “Mind”. My age is 16 years old and I’m currently in high-school (Although it’s summer vacation atm). In my spare time I do quite a few things. I mainly play two games. These games are Toribash and Minecraft. I also dabble in some paid steam games. My personal favorites at the moment are Ace of Spades, Space Engineers, and COD World At War (with hax of-course). I normally game 24/7 over the summer, but when school rolls around, I will fall back into a forum and IRC kind of guy.

In real life I’m a very outgoing person. I do three sports in high school consisting of: cross country running in the fall, nordic skiing in the winter, and track in the spring. I don’t give two shits about running. However, I’m one of the best skiers on my team and I’m planning to qualify for state by my senior year. I take the ski season very seriously, so just as a heads up my activity in any games will most likely cease completely during the winter. In spite of this, I will still check the forums all the time on my phone and of-course chat with my buddies on the IRC.

I live in the chilly state of Minnesota, which is basically the best place for nordic skiing. My timezone is Central Standard Time so I’m pretty much in-between both the left and right sides of the US. In my spare time I’m always up for playing games with friends or just hanging out and chatting.

My Toribash lore has been quite a long path. It began Toribash on 11/1/11 (Not planned btw) when I created my account TMSM. On that account I was an absolute nobody. However, through this username it gave me time to learn the mods, experience the community, and most importantly learn the rules of toribash. When that account was suspended for a month (this is back in 2012ish so I know better now) I created this account, TheMindStormMan.

I remember that one of my first clans was Zone, which is the modern-day Meta. I had a great time for the few weeks I was there, but it didn’t feel like everyone in the clan was equals, and nobody seemed to care about lower ranked members like me. It ended badly with Zone and I was kicked (If you want more details feel free to ask me orern irc). This is back in mid 2013 and then I created Apex. I had some great times with Apex clan, but when I hit my freshman year of high-school I just couldn’t manage it any more. We ended up “hibernating” over the winter of 2014. When this summer rolled around I was planning to revive it, but found that I had lost the aspiration for clan leadership. I held clanless for a bit until I joined (Cheat). Cheat was going solid for a few months, but when Dragon and Donkey (2 of the 3 leaders) left, the clan began to fall apart and It ended up dying. Since then I got a name-change and rejoined Apex so I could kick the last remaining inactive members and clean up the thread for Apex’s death. After that I decided just to focus on my ToriCraft Minecraft Server rather than worrying about joining clans.

However, That brings me to today (or technically a few days from now for me since I write my apps over many days). I actually have recently been looking at Inq and become quite interested in applying. Through starting this minecraft server, I’ve been able to reconnect with many old friends (Including Creati0n who i’ve had on skype for over a year) and meet other Inq players that seem to have the same interests as me in the process (Ocean, Goughy, Kyure). I’ll admit that you guys are super fun to play games with and I’ve only begun to skim the surface of Inquisition members. I still have many more to meet and befriend. I’ve had some fun talks with 2WC (Altair) in betting servers and I would really like the opportunity to get to know him (and everyone else in the clan) a lot better.

You guys seem to be very multi-platformed and just love bringing your community around to different games. In past clans that I’ve joined and made, they’ve seemed to have had reliability issues. However, Inquisition is unique because you guys have been around for 7 years and I have no doubt that it will last 7 more.

To me, that alone is an impressive accomplishment worthy of an achievement and a kiss from Hampa. I mean 7 years is beyond legendary for a Toribash clan so kudos to LightningKid, Lord_Inquisitor and the rest of the leaders for keeping this clan going.

Nowadays toribash has become more of a play-to-get-paid style of game for me. I make almost all my money off of small 5k duels or marketing artwork. I am experienced in-game and an active poster on the forums. My favorite mods at the moment are Boxshu Mushu, AikidoBigDojo, Rk_Mma, Greykido, and Handball. I know you guys aren’t that ingame heavy in toribash, and I’m beginning to be the same way. I’ve always been more of a forum person and my interest in toribash has always been centralized around clans.

I’m a solid player in-game, and a rather non-wibblish poster on the forums (although ingame I’m a complete wibblester). I’m beginning to take my baby steps into the IRC world and so far I have really enjoyed it. I’ve been hanging in the #ClanInq IRC channel now for a few days and I love chatting with all the guys and gals in there. I’m still new to the entire IRC world though, so if I ask a stupid question every once and a while just roll with it lol. You should give me kudo points though since I know how to download an IRC client.

So why Inquisition? Well Its not just one thing that brought me to liking clan Inq. Honestly, a clan is nothing without it’s players and I must say that Inq has some pretty damn good ones. You guys are all super nice, mature, and respected players in the community. I’ve also made some quick bonds with many Inq clan members that I hope will last well after this application is posted.

Along with the players, you guys have a common interest of mine: Minecraft. Similar to many of you, Minecraft has gotten me hooked on it as-well. I’ve hosted a plethora of minecraft servers in my time. Currently, I am hosting the ToriCraft Minecraft Server for toribash, and it’s by far the most fun I’ve had with Minecraft in years. I’d like to join Inq in order to play on servers with all of you guys. Some of my favorite ToriCraft players are in Inquisition, and somehow I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

Inquisition is a very unique clan compared to many of the others that you see today. You might not be rank 1 in the clan wars (1 war lol), and might not be #1 in forum activity, but you have something that’s more important than all of that, and that is friendship. When I look at those long-time clans with almost no forum activity and see them rejecting skilled and active players, it all makes sense why they do it when you take a step back and realize that they are no longer looking at belt or postcount, instead they’re looking at them as a friend and wondering if they would really be a good fit for their community. Well I hope you can look upon my name and consider incorporating me in your group of friends, and together make Inquisition just a little bit better :D.

If you would like to inquire me with any further questions, shoot me a PM or query me (is that what the PM thing is called?) on the IRC. I’m in that channel 24/7 so unless I’m asleep I should respond quickly.
Links:

ToriCraft: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=473405
My Old Account: http://forum.toribash.com/member.php?username=tmsm
My skype: themindstormman3141
Last edited by MindStorm; Aug 18, 2014 at 08:25 PM.
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.
I like you. We play the same sports. What events do you do in track? I can't wait for the season to start. I'm being recruited, so excited.
[2:39pm]culapou>i've killed over 500 people without stabbing them I can kill people with my bear hands if they ever try messing with me
Originally Posted by Eloquence View Post
I like you. We play the same sports. What events do you do in track? I can't wait for the season to start. I'm being recruited, so excited.

Thanks! In track I do mid-distance. I started the season at long-distance with the mile and 2 mile but I kept getting last so the coaches we're like "Maybe if we move this guy down to mid-distance then we wont need to bother with him anymore" and they did. 800m is my favorite event. Its the only event that I'm actually really good at. In cross country the shortest race is a 2 mile, but if I'm conditioned for distance then I don't do as poorly in it as in track.
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.
800m is a hard event. I could never do that. Mid distance sprints are the toughest, so good on you. What grade are you in?
[2:39pm]culapou>i've killed over 500 people without stabbing them I can kill people with my bear hands if they ever try messing with me