Toribash
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
I just played against a Ryze top with a lot of cc and he had no chance against me. He tried to bind me and ask his jungle for help but nothing worked, i was too much for him

First: a good ryze will absolutely poop on you after ~level 7 by playing passive until then

Amendment to first: You will not see a good ryze outside of diamond probably. Ryze is a very difficult champion to play correctly.

Second: I was speaking about teamfights moreso. Melee carries are forced to splitpush because they get kited too hard in teamfights, or just outright cced and killed.
Last edited by Hyde; Dec 12, 2015 at 06:41 AM.
Hoss.
The Ryze I was playing against was good but i was better than him. I agree that Ryze is a very hard champion to master thats why i never play him. I usually manage pretty well in teamfights, to be honest I feel that its harder for ranged champions in teamfights due to them being vulnerable.
piratez
as a level 19 nub, how the hell do you play against:

- yasuo
- rengar
- veigar
- riven

pls. all op in my eyes.

i shouldn't be talking, as I love playing fizz - but some champs are just downright more powerful than others. as in, two mid laners with the exact same roles and types (assassins e.g.) played by the exact same skill level person will result in one being stronger than the other. that is completely unfair, no?
Originally Posted by Course View Post

- yasuo
- rengar
- veigar
- riven

pls. all op in my eyes.

i shouldn't be talking, as I love playing fizz - but some champs are just downright more powerful than others. as in, two mid laners with the exact same roles and types (assassins e.g.) played by the exact same skill level person will result in one being stronger than the other. that is completely unfair, no?

You kill them first to beat them. Trust me, I tried.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER

- yasuo
- rengar
- veigar
- riven

pls. all op in my eyes.

that's easy! all you have to do is play one of these champions:

- yasuo
- rengar
- veigar
- riven

have fun out there!

but for real, you should play draft pick instead of blind pick, you get bans and the chance to counterpick (you'd be surprised how much more manageable those champs are if you choose against them)
FIRED UP

- yasuo
- rengar
- veigar
- riven

pls. all op in my eyes.

Yasuo - He's weakest from levels 1-3, starts to get strong when he gets his first crit item. In the early to early-mid game, he'll win extended fights, so you want to be able to safely poke him in the early game. CC is necessary to lane against him most of the time. He doesn't fare particularly well against other melee mid laners, since most of them are capable of trading well with him while bringing more burst and poke. I know some people do a Diana counterpick against Yas, since she can do an extended fight with him, and brings a lot of burst. Fizz should actually do pretty well against him, so long as you play the matchup properly and whittle him down.

Rengar - I'm not that great at dealing with him. Point and click champions are hard to have counterplay against, so the only answer I can give is don't let him snowball. Alternatively, since you play Fizz, learn to on reaction e as you see him pounce you, as you should avoid the majority of damage he brings if you can bait out the rengar combo.

Veigar - he needs to farm, so if you can bully him a little in the early game, he suffers. Combined with no mobility and difficult to aim cc, he's vulnerable to ganks and early kill threats. When he hits 6, the key is to not get caught in the stun ring, and (as fizz) save e when possible to bait out his ultimate. Pressing e at the right time will nullify most of his point and click damage, making it relatively easy to deal with him as a highly mobile champion.

Riven - when she uses spells, back up a little. She wins trades because she uses a spell that does some mini form of cc, auto attacks, then shields away. If you can dodge the final strike of her q, or her w, and don't frontload your damage on to the shield, you should win most trades against her as fizz.

And part of the game is that all champions are not inherently balanced. Some champions will always be the meta picks of the game, and some champions will not be. True balance in a moba is both hard to achieve, and not worth the resources to pursue. With every champion in the game, and every new champion or item that may be added, there's a huge number of combinations to test out, and champion synergy to determine, that it's just near impossible to determine perfect balance when you have all the numbers, and it changes the entire system when something new gets added in. Furthermore, part of the game is that there are always some champions that will beat other champions. It's why roles form, and it's the foundation of a champion triangle. There's x champions, y champions, and z champions. x beats y, y beats z, z beats x. Within the system, the champions are theoretically balanced by the fact that a counter to them exists.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Can someone give me some pointers/tips on how to improve. I've been playing LoL for a long while. If you want to skype PM me.
"Do you explore the unknown or are you afraid of losing your throne?" I am Soon.
- yasuo
- rengar
- veigar
- riven

Hasagiman- You have a few options. The best option is usually to let him outplay himself. He will at some point hit a Q on a few of your team members and go in with literally none of his team anywhere near him, at which point you kill him. Second option is to just hit him with targeted non-projectile cc. If you cc melee carries, they can't do shit. As far as laning goes, essentially you want to break his passive every time its up and harass him when its down. One of my favorite cheeses is picking xin zhao into yasuo, because xin zhao is one of the strongest duelists in the game and just E->Q->W->AA->AA->AA->AA->AA walk away. Early on it does about 2/3rds of Yasuo's health at the cost of about a third of your mana and he can't really trade back, so he just gets zoned from farm. Once you get rageblade, you have shittons of kill pressure even 1v2, because of the ult utility.

Rengar- As a rengar main, there's a lot of shit people do that lets me snowball really hard. To beat rengar, you have to prevent the snowball. If you're low in lane, just back. Missing a wave of farm and exp is a lot more worthwhile then getting dunked by rengar flash jump under your turret. Rengar is weak early on, so if you're jungling you have to counterjungle him along with your midlaner really hard. If rengar is top lane, you want to gank the everliving shit out of him because top lane more or less guarantees him a wave of farm and you can't have that. What happens in 90% of my rengar games is, their mid extends early, i gank at level 3 and blow a flash or get a kill/assist. I get a smite + longsword + pots on back, clear jungle a bit more and look to countergank around bot lane because of the potential for a lot of kills. At the very worst, I end up not getting a kill, at the best I get a triple kill. By like 10 minutes, i'm usually like 5/1, and almost none of it is because of my own effort like it would be on Lee or Elise or junglers that like to gank a lot and set up ganks. It's usually due to the jungler not warding my jungle, their mid lane being unresponsive to threats and their bot lane thinking they're isolated from the jungle. Tl;dr to beat rengar, kill him a lot early. If he doesn't have warrior enchant + lucidity boots by ~11 minutes, hes going to have a bad game.

Veigar- easiest champion on this list to deal with. Play basically any assassin and harass the shit out of him. He has good mana sustain but he can't farm if he has 200 hp. If he tries, you kill him. That's basically it. If you're a carry, rush qss after 3rd item for teamfights, after 2nd item if he's fed.

Riven- The teamfight advice for riven is the same for any other melee carry. CC. As far as lane goes, establish brush control and wait for riven to blow her cds on the minions. Go in on Riven the moment she uses her 3rd Q on something other than you, because she won't be able to trade back.
Hoss.
It suggest should update this thread. It seems something as outdated.

I wish can edit that but I'm not OP in this thread. Whatever.
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.