Ranking
Roccat is a German (Has roots in Finland) gaming peripheral company that sponsors/owns some professional e-sports teams. So basically it's like if Razer made a team.
Last edited by cowmeat; Dec 7, 2015 at 06:06 AM.
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
I mean, roccat is actually a good team

Not sure if ignorant, or just sarcasm .-.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post

>Implying there are only top tier LCS teams out there.

Well, tbf, it depends on what you compare it with. If you compare the team to Fnatic or Skt T1 yeah obv a worse team. But its still in 1% of top teams in the world.
So if you play for ROCCAT, you are pretty damn good at the game.
Last edited by cowmeat; Dec 7, 2015 at 06:22 AM.

Are you kidding? They ended 5th summer split. Solid middle of the pack team with a decent roster and developing talent.

Not to mention they came pretty close to worlds, since if they won that game 5 vs OG they'd probably sweep UoL too.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
>Implying there are only LCS teams out there.

Well, tbf, it depends on what you compare it with. If you compare the team to Fnatic or Skt T1 yeah obv a worse team. But its still in 1% of top teams in the world.
So if you play for ROCCAT, you are pretty damn good at the game.

What's the point of comparing to the 99%? I'm going to compare apples to apples, and Roccat just underperforms every season in the LCS. Therefore, it would be reasonable to call them a bad team.

Originally Posted by Lane View Post
Are you kidding? They ended 5th summer split. Solid middle of the pack team with a decent roster and developing talent.

Not to mention they came pretty close to worlds, since if they won that game 5 vs OG they'd probably sweep UoL too.

Solid middle by going 1-1 against even the bottom teams, and going 0-2 to Elements. They only went 2-0 against 1 team in the Summer Split, and that was Origen. They subsequently choked hard as fuck against Origen when it mattered most. Potential means nothing when you can't live up to it.
Last edited by Oracle; Dec 7, 2015 at 06:29 AM.
What's the point of comparing to the 99%? I'm going to compare apples to apples, and Roccat just underperforms every season in the LCS. Therefore, it would be reasonable to call them a bad team.

Not the 1st = Underperforms

Not the 1st = bad team

Uwot mate?

How about instead of calling teams bad, call the top tier teams great. If you finish 5th, you can say that the team is pretty good. Bad =/= not the best
Last edited by cowmeat; Dec 7, 2015 at 06:29 AM.
Not the 1st = Underperforms

Not the 1st = bad team

Uwot mate?

How about instead of calling teams bad, call the top tier teams great. If you finish 5th, you can say that the team is pretty good. Bad =/= not the best

The only reason Roccat even qualified for the Regionals was because SK done goofed and choked all of Summer Split so their 40 points for placing 4th in Spring Split meant jack shit, letting Giants and Roccat shimmy into Regionals with their 20 points for finishing 5th and 6th.

Speaking of Spring Split, Roccat was relegated after that split. Any team that can be considered a good team, let alone a top team, should at least be able to avoid relegation. Literally, if the Splits' results were swapped, Roccat wouldn't have qualified for Regionals because of relegation status. If they can't consistently score in the top half of their region, they don't deserve to be called good.
Speaking of Spring Split, Roccat was relegated after that split. Any team that can be considered a good team, let alone a top team, should at least be able to avoid relegation.

C9, CLG, etc,have been close, or in relegations.

I guess this argument is pretty dumb tho, we are just arguing semantics on what is actually "bad" Lets stop and agree that Roccat is a professional team that isnt top tier.
Last edited by cowmeat; Dec 7, 2015 at 07:02 AM.
C9, CLG, etc,have been close, or in relegations.

I guess this argument is pretty dumb tho, we are just arguing semantics on what is actually "bad" Lets stop and agree that Roccat is a professional team that isnt top tier.

That is acceptable.

But if you're going to bring up C9 and CLG, they are also bad in my books. C9 fell behind in talent while abusing a region devoid of a strong meta and it's caught up to them, while CLG has always choked at important points in the season. Doesn't matter how good your team strats when other teams with better talent start to catch on, and it doesn't matter how good your talent is when they tilt faster than a falling jenga tower.