Toribash
Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
Wrong wrong wrong wrong WRONG. Mid plat-low diamond is when mechanical skill BEGINS to be a factor, but it's still mostly about map awareness, objective control and punishing mistakes. Anywhere between bronze and high gold, mechanical skill is barely existent, unless a player has a terrible attitude. Just look at insec kicks on lee sin. Usually around diamond 3+ they start to actually be able to insec. Under that, chances are that they either can't or will do it terriby. Alistar is the same thing. Under plat, most alistar players can't even combo properly.

SOURCE: I'm a high-plat/low diamond player who has faced everything from bronze V up to challenger tiered players.

I'm plat 5 with ~plat 2 mmr and I consider myself to have terrible mechanics. Every time I get matched with d3+ players i get absolutely ruined. They genuinely make me look like an intermediate bot. That said, I feel like the diamond 3 when I play against anyone below like gold 2. I can probably get a 100% winrate in silver/gold barring afks. The level still changes a lot. In silver/low/mid gold, people generally don't kite or orbwalk or stutter-step or even watch for enemy cooldowns. The dragon/baron calls are retarded and no one thinks of preparing baron/dragon before they spawn.

In mid plat, it's a lot different. The level of play is completely different. It isn't nearly as high as d3+, but the difference is large. D1 60lp+ is a different matter entirely. I'd feel at home around d5 right now, where I think my winrate would finally start to peter out.

I think you need either really good mechanics or really good decision making to reach D5. Anything more and you start to need both.
Hoss.
Being matched against someone who is a whole League higher than you (ex. Gold 3 and Plat 3) is gonna make you look like a spaghetti bot. But really? Alistar combo? I've never failed that combo even when I was Bronze V. I don't even understand how people fail that combo.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
I'm plat 5 with ~plat 2 mmr and I consider myself to have terrible mechanics. Every time I get matched with d3+ players i get absolutely ruined. They genuinely make me look like an intermediate bot. That said, I feel like the diamond 3 when I play against anyone below like gold 2. I can probably get a 100% winrate in silver/gold barring afks. The level still changes a lot. In silver/low/mid gold, people generally don't kite or orbwalk or stutter-step or even watch for enemy cooldowns. The dragon/baron calls are retarded and no one thinks of preparing baron/dragon before they spawn.

In mid plat, it's a lot different. The level of play is completely different. It isn't nearly as high as d3+, but the difference is large. D1 60lp+ is a different matter entirely. I'd feel at home around d5 right now, where I think my winrate would finally start to peter out.

I think you need either really good mechanics or really good decision making to reach D5. Anything more and you start to need both.

or u can play on lan

plat 5 is not mid plat.. how do u get plat 2 mmr and not skip to plat 4 directly after promos
Last edited by TyZi; Nov 10, 2015 at 05:25 AM.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
or u can play on lan

plat 5 is not mid plat.. how do u get plat 2 mmr and not skip to plat 4 directly after promos

Fuck if I know.
D5 is around 1900, Plat 1 is around ~1800ish

Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
kek'd

It was queueing me with diamonds with low mmr and high plats when I was gold 1. My mmr is pretty high. I haven't gotten queued with plat 5s(solo) since I was about gold 3.
Last ranked game I played solo:

I'm going to get diamond in the preseason to get a better shot at making it next season. I think I can manage it if I get really good at rengar, trying to think of possible build paths with the new items. I mean, I managed to get diamond 1 on LAN only playing fucking nasus and jax, shouldn't be THAT hard to get D5 on NA.
Last edited by Hyde; Nov 10, 2015 at 06:36 PM.
Hoss.
I felt at home at Bronze V, but I really wanted to get to Gold. Oh well.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Illaoi, The Hentai Tentacle The Kraken Priestess [Champion Reveal]

Picture

She's a brawler champion and most dangerous woman...tentacles everywhere.

This her E ability. Better dodge this ability in teamfight or your spirit will hurt as hell.
Last edited by Chris; Nov 10, 2015 at 10:19 PM.
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.