Toribash
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Different people advance in different ways, It took me like 300 games in season 3(I was like 13 to be fair) to get from bronze 5 to bronze 4/3(deranked half a dozen times) and then it took me 30 games to get from bronze 4 to silver 5. Then in season 4 it took me 50 games to get from silver V to silver 4 and then 25-30 to get from silver 4 to gold 5. Idfk

Yeah, it took me day to rank up from Silver V to Silver III and almost a year to get from Bronze V to Silver V.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Different people advance in different ways, It took me like 300 games in season 3(I was like 13 to be fair) to get from bronze 5 to bronze 4/3(deranked half a dozen times) and then it took me 30 games to get from bronze 4 to silver 5. Then in season 4 it took me 50 games to get from silver V to silver 4 and then 25-30 to get from silver 4 to gold 5. Idfk

Thats what I'm saying. Back when you were bronze 5, you likely did not learn optimally.
Hoss.
Yeah, the only thing you really need to master in Bronze and low Silver is how to capitalize on mistakes because they make too damn many. I know first hand.

Mid Silver is when you actually need SOME mechanical skill.
My Replays
I don't really think you need any kind of skill until way higher up, just the ability to not do stupid shit
In order to get better the thing that I did was stop playing.

I sat on my ass and watched pro players on youtube and whatnot to see what they did and emulated a lot of their behaviours. I'd study them and their actions; where to ward, when to back, when to gank etc.

By the time I came back and practiced a bit and tried some of the stuff out and found I was a lot better than I was playing at before.

also doing stupid shit throws the game, so avoid that
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Originally Posted by SparChar View Post
Yeah, the only thing you really need to master in Bronze and low Silver is how to capitalize on mistakes because they make too damn many. I know first hand.

Mid Silver is when you actually need SOME mechanical skill.

Not gonna lie, up until like gold 3 it feels like i'm playing intermediate bots now. No matter how garbage my team is, i'm more or less sure I can win the game. My winrate started to drop once I started getting queued up with diamond 5s, it'll even out completely once I get to like plat 1/d5.

Diamond 3/2 is a completely different ballpark. I feel like an intermediate bot in games with actually good people.
Hoss.
I mean for people who are actually in low ELO... It's different for people in Diamond.

It's like a Diamond player doing an Unranked to Diamond series and a Bronze player doing an Unranked to Diamond series. The Diamond player is gonna see things more differently and have an easier time.

I'm just saying that if you ARE in the Bronze to low Silver ELO and deserve to be there, you need to find mistakes and capitalize on them more often to deserve a higher ranking.
My Replays
Silver players either range from having low mechanical skill, but ok/good game sense, to decent mechanical skill, but little to no game sense.

There are some players who are capable of farming well, outplaying their opponents, and generally playing solid, but they're just absolutely stupid in reading their opponents and knowing when to do certain objectives or strats (e.g. the permanent splitpusher, the bad baron caller, etc. etc.). Meanwhile, there's the players that know how to play within a team, when to push, when to dragon, when they're going to get ganked, but can't hit 100 cs by 20 minutes to save their life, and mess up basic combos often enough for it to be considered a pattern (e.g. the support main, the person who called mid lane veigar because he saw c9 do it, etc. etc.)
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
lol I only permapush when I'm on Trynd or Trundle. Not all the time, but that's the condition for perma push.
My Replays

I'm glad that Jungle Yorick is still viable in Season 6 (PBE)

I using jungle mastery in new system: Link
In 2016, I'm no longer a member of toribash forum. The ex-administration (who's permbanned now) used to power abuse and opposed to me, and we are unable to reach a compromise. I am morally prohibited from staying here. I might still posting around on my friend or clan threads sometimes but not much. Goodbye.