Toribash
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
Yeah, as expected from a shitwagon anime for teenage boys.
LNs might be decent but show is just bad, with few only few positive aspects (quality of visuals and effects is decent, music and sounds effects are that bad either).
Same goes for my favourite VN - Fate/Stay night. It's great but not perfect, there are few drawbacks but I will guard it with all my might. On the other hand - F/Sn anime is way weaker and simply dissapointing.
Sure, I can rely on info from VN to cover plotholes and all shitty mistakes in anime but that doesn't make anime any better.

So the VN for F/SN is definitely worth playing? I couldn't get through the anime because of Shirou.
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
So guard seriously lets you throw people?

Why would they keep the skill menu if there were no skills...

Doesn't make any sense.

"It matches up fairly closely, so long as you already have read the LN and can fill everything in and gloss over anything that suggests otherwise"
I dunno man, I dunno about this...

Episode 20 - The Demonic Sword Gram had a requirement of 950 in the Two-Handed Swords skill to be equipped.
That's why it's there, as I said numerous times before: weapon prerequisites.

Read the LN.

I do agree with Powas to a certain extent, the anime isn't very good in comparison to its LN counterpart. They cut out a bit too much from the LN and compressed whatever they kept.
Last edited by LastGod; Nov 18, 2012 at 09:25 AM.
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]
Originally Posted by LastGod View Post
Episode 20 - The Demonic Sword Gram had a requirement of 950 in the Two-Handed Swords skill to be equipped.

Read the LN.

I do agree with Powas to a certain extent, the anime isn't very good in comparison to its LN counterpart. They cut out a bit too much from the LN and compressed whatever they kept.

Like I said before, had they left the harem side stories as a BD special or something like it, the main anime would not have had to cut out so much. The LN is definitely better. I am liking the pacing of Alheim arc in the anime however.
Originally Posted by LastGod View Post

Read the LN.

They did say that, which was pretty obvious.

But still, you can't assume just because LN says something the anime must be exactly the same...........

Am I the only one who think's it's crazy to make that assumption? I read mostly manga, but almost always it doesn't match up with the anime...
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
They did say that, which was pretty obvious.

But still, you can't assume just because LN says something the anime must be exactly the same...........

Am I the only one who think's it's crazy to make that assumption? I read mostly manga, but almost always it doesn't match up with the anime...

The anime is following the story very closely (the parts that they didn't cut out, at least). I read the LN and I am watching the anime. They're matching them really damn close.
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]
Originally Posted by Lempika View Post
So the VN for F/SN is definitely worth playing? I couldn't get through the anime because of Shirou.

Yeah, UBW and HF routes are worth it, Fate is medicore quality.
First one, Fate, just introduces the basics so it doesn't containt that much action/plot twists etc. as the others do but it's still way better than anime which was based on Fate in 90%.
It may be a little annoying for you, tho, as fate's shirou is similar to anime one (ubw's and hf's are different) but still better than his anime counterpart, as you can get to know him more - fate route is way longer than anime.

To get 100% of content in VN you need around 100h.
I have 5 main ends done (True Fate, True and Normal UBW, True and Normal HF) and around half of the bad ones (22/23 out of 40) and I'm at ~~85h mark.

It's totally worth it, if you can get past first route, that is.

Edit: also lol.

Last edited by Powas; Nov 19, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
retired