Ranking
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
Hmm I'm thinking of joining this game....where should I start?

Ignore spar.

The important part is not the champions you play with or anything. It's about getting familiar with the mechanics and concepts of the game. If you have a friend who plays LoL ask him to guide you the first few games, it can be very overwhelming at first. All the objectives, mechanics and such.

I recommend starting by watching a guide or two for beginners, the entry level to MOBAs is quite high, so that will help you a bit. Once you learn to move, attack, and understand basic turret mechanics etc. Start learning a champion, practising your last hitting and grasping the basic concepts of itemization etc. Easier champions are like, Ashe, Kayle, Warwick, garen etc, check all types of champions out and see what you like the most (recommend tankier, more HP oriented champions at first, since you can fuck up more)

There are easier champions and also easier roles, I recommend going top lane first, (or mid maybe). There are no jungles or supports in beginner games so what you pick doesn't really matter. Only solo lane in low level games is mid tho. Just try not to be overwhelmed by all the new information thrown at you immediately. It'll get some time getting used to, but once you learn the basics, you'll fall in love with the depth that the game mechanics have to offer.

Don't be afraid to fail and understand that you don't have to be good at the game immediately, it takes a lot of time and a lot of games. Just try to have fun and find a style of play that fits you.

Happy learning
Last edited by cowmeat; Nov 2, 2015 at 03:47 PM.
It's happening boys. Sort of.

Felt a lot more comfortable with my rengar mechanics this game, even though at 2 points in the game I overestimated my damage and engaged fights I shouldn't have.

It's the first Rengar game I've had where I played the early game well.

RANGO RANGO FUCK YOU KHA'ZIX

Just a normal game, ik, but i'm learning.
Also, the farm that game was really bad across the map. The only person on our team that had a secure lane of farm was Fiora because gangplank was constantly pushing.
-----
Originally Posted by Virus View Post
Hmm I'm thinking of joining this game....where should I start?

Start with playing a couple games. You'll be confused as hell, and you won't know what you're doing, but you just might like it. And then, read resources about the game. Pick a hero that you think is fun to play. Read some guides on that hero from lolking or solomid. Play the same way you'd play toribash in the beginning.
Last edited by Hyde; Nov 2, 2015 at 07:12 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Hoss.
Nice Hyde. If i can i would watch the replay of the game and tell you some advice OR tips on Rengo. (Just gonna use replay.gg)
French Player, Old member of OFRO
I know this might come across as rude but your build sucks.

If you're going tanky you're doing it wrong =]

I suggest watching this short series:

https://youtu.be/jXtjzL9WD3M

https://youtu.be/PozrKW6hul8

https://youtu.be/CAQs_6CvLf8

this guide is from a challenger rengar player who taught me everything I know

here is my profile proof it works

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=sleaze
Last edited by Lane; Nov 2, 2015 at 08:07 PM.
i'm still struggling to figure out how to properly build rengar. Here's another game I just had.

Stomped that riven to bits.

broken, like riven's sword

Hoss.
Not quite. The 20% cdr is amazing on him, and the extra mobility on dealing physical damage is nice. The health pool is also alright. It's definitely a viable flex item.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I don't like it. You have like 0 burst cause there's no flat pen and unless you want to play rengar like a pussy tank you'll probably not get full armor shred on anyone. A rengar player can easily get 40% cdr with ghostblade/cd boots/runes.

It's easy to say an item is good on a champ when you've hardly played it.

Hyde watch the videos I linked
I wouldn't exactly say it's useless, but it does ruin the point of bursting people 100-0 since the shred has to stack to be good. Then again, he might be taking it for the Rage passive and raw stats.

And what's wrong with doing whatever you want? I mean, yeah I read like 5 guides before I started playing, but you really don't have to. A while ago everyone agreed that having fun should be how you learn to play the game in the beginning.

You guys are mean >.>
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays