Ranking
Anyone have any detailed tips on how to corkscrew, when you have the right leg on the ground and left swinging for the momentum, what direction do you throw your arms up for the rotation, and the do's and don'ts of the setup in general, is there something you need to always do to stick a good corkscrew?
|Evil|
I don't exist
Hey ormo.
Was wondering how to edit takeoffs to get higher and how to keep your rotation in the same angle and not fall off
I linked a b-twist down below
I got a comment saying that it should be a bit higher, in which I agreed.
But that's the highest I was able to go with that setup, even after I modified it...
Any tips?
made on my tricking alt btw
Attached Files
T_B-Twist.rpl (127.8 KB, 14 views)
[Market Squid] [Editing][OBEY]
Have a question concerning the market or anything of the sort? Feel free to ask me!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Alright I suppose I'll have a go at this advice thing

So, for 2wc and sicmo:

Alright, so here's my analogy.

When you want to get the most height in real life, you want to throw your arms up as fast as you can, to the point of that "out-of-your-socket" feel and pull up and wrap your arms. You'll want to replicate this in toribash.

also, when doing things like btwists, when you're lifting off, you want to try and get your non-liftoff leg as high as you can.

this is like your arms except your leg will do most of the swing.

i guess this goes for the same with doing corks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB9mUIY_beg

this tutorial actually helps a lot. just replicate what he does in toribash.

anywho here's what i try do to

lean back by extending your abs while your doing the swingthru, (when you're kicking up with your leg).

to do a swingthru, you want to do like a gainer except with the non-liftoff leg you extend its glute

raise your arms in unison with the swingthru

when you want to plant your legs, you'll want to contract your abs back
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
Ah Okay, I see now. Thanks tsu!
Have a question concerning the market or anything of the sort? Feel free to ask me!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Define Style, is it how a replay is made? is it how the uke is broken down or manipulated? or is it how the tori moves.
Oldschooler | Evolution
Spars
Originally Posted by Tsuion View Post
Alright I suppose I'll have a go at this advice thing

So, for 2wc and sicmo:

Alright, so here's my analogy.

When you want to get the most height in real life, you want to throw your arms up as fast as you can, to the point of that "out-of-your-socket" feel and pull up and wrap your arms. You'll want to replicate this in toribash.

also, when doing things like btwists, when you're lifting off, you want to try and get your non-liftoff leg as high as you can.

this is like your arms except your leg will do most of the swing.

i guess this goes for the same with doing corks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB9mUIY_beg

this tutorial actually helps a lot. just replicate what he does in toribash.

anywho here's what i try do to

lean back by extending your abs while your doing the swingthru, (when you're kicking up with your leg).

to do a swingthru, you want to do like a gainer except with the non-liftoff leg you extend its glute

raise your arms in unison with the swingthru

when you want to plant your legs, you'll want to contract your abs back

Thanks a lot, Exactly what I've been looking for

Here's what I got, But still need more air,
Attached Files
Cork2.rpl (63.3 KB, 10 views)
Last edited by Lucy; Aug 4, 2015 at 05:58 PM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by poop View Post
Define Style, is it how a replay is made? is it how the uke is broken down or manipulated? or is it how the tori moves.

there are the frequently used "relaxed/held style" terms that refer to which joint state you use more often in your replays, which is another way to see style, and i can understand it but my two cents are a little different.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/style

from what i understand, style is the way in which one does things. if you give an opener to 5 different replaymakers and ask them to make a decap they will all do it in different ways, even if the goal is the same, because they all see different paths to it.

for example, a very "pragmatic" or practical person might go for the decap as soon as possible in order to be effective, worrying about getting a good position or setup for the dismemberment and aiming it correctly, with no concerns for aesthetic (which from their point of view has no value), simply because it is how they do things. such people could be said to have a practical or goal oriented style.

someone more inclined to aesthetic and creative ways will probably find a way to explore less orthodox positions or perfectionism. for them it is not whether you get the decap or not, it's how you do it.

because everyone has a different approach to replaymaking, everyone ends up with a distinct style. it might be defined by many factors, such as how you see your goal, how clear is your goal, or if you even have a concrete goal or are just improvising. replaymakers might also feel the need to insert new variables in their "replay equation" by changing the game rules, hacking, etc. which can also help define their style, since they are imposing restrictions on themselves that almost nobody else has.
Last edited by pusga; Aug 4, 2015 at 05:48 PM.
oh yeah
Hi
More questions, ya :<

Any tips for manipulating a relax'd uke. Specically the upper part of uke's body.
In this replay (linked below) I am having a hard time manipulating uke how I want to, I feel as if it is due to how uke forms around your body because he's relax'd. Also, dms feel harder as well. I dunno, it might be all in my head but some feedback would be great

Cheers
Attached Files
OMI!.rpl (107.8 KB, 15 views)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯