Toribash
Not sure where you are up to, but usually you can just pull 1 or 2.

They did add a lot of fake difficulty, but you get used to it. Just go for reposte and backstab so you get iframes, or trigger their attack animation then walk away and hit 1. That's pretty much all you have to do in dks2

In some areas it's more common than others. I'm not really a fan of it, but whatever I guess they wanted to make the game more difficult without making it harder...
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I guess I'll just have to work with it more. I have nothing better to do seeing as dark souls: PtD wont work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't see the point in buying it, From are really money grubbing these days... DLC upon DLC upon DLC and then a 'definitive edition' barely a year after the initial release. For a game that just a few months before release had they said "no DLC" there sure is a lot of DLC...

I'll probably pick it up eventually if friends want to play it, but there's not much to do in the game at this point otherwise...

Nice sig btw snake, fun times, good memories.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Nice sig btw snake, fun times, good memories.

@yourservice o7
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
I just beat SOTFS last week actually. I blame siku for getting me to go through DS1 & 2 in a ridiculous fashion, though I admit I never realised how great the games could be. It was pretty fun though, having never played the normal DS2 before SOTFS I couldn't speak about any improvements they made but the bosses were plentiful (if a little uninspiring at times) and I found the DLCs to be really great expansions to the game. The areas were fresh and the bosses were exciting & challenging to fight.
collect snots from the nose
wot built gynx? magic, miracle, str, dex, adt, dark, pyro?
I'm pretty new to the Souls games so I just went strength in both games. In DS1 I went for a meaty 2h build and for DS2 I tried a dexterity build that didn't powerstance, using 2h curved swords and stuff. Then I

DLC spoiler, I guess?

They looked too cool to not powerstance so I respec'd and used those for the rest of the game. They're really fun, though I'm planning on going back through the game again as an intelligence character and seeing how well that works.
collect snots from the nose
int can be pretty annoying because you have to worry about spell charges. Magic builds were only really good for pvp in dks2 I think, bosses have random resists and some bosses are really hard to clear for a pure (eg clearing skeletons as pure int is not good...). I recommend adt build, very fun lots of dodging.

And yeah the blue/red smelter power stance is pretty neat, I have a friend who always used to run it and only use the power stanced heavy attack. It's pretty obnoxious now that I think about it...