Ranking
I'm Silver 3. Saying I'm not climbing is utter bullshit. Then again, I am playing Norms now so maybe that's true?
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Guys.... i have become a Gangplank main

im so...... DISGUSTING....its kinda nice

also I'm learning to play yasuo (well)

Any tips for carrying the game??
Originally Posted by Poko View Post

Any tips for carrying the game??

If people start getting pissy, mute them.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
I'm going to make a wild prediction and say that Galio will soon see greater play.

I think the meta is shifting enough where he can fill a specific niche, and it's just a matter of time for somebody to showcase that niche.

His laning against Veigar is particularly good, and he has solid lategame scaling with an impactful ultimate and a sufficient amount of aoe and decently low cd. He actually fares pretty well against most of the juggernauts (he struggles against skarner and fiora (but then again, there are very few who don't))

So I think he could become a counterpick or a flex pick for top and mid. I wouldn't anticipate support play, but that's also a possibility.

And thus concludes my prediction, not taking any bets that it will come true.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I'm going to make a wild prediction and say that Galio will soon see greater play.

I think the meta is shifting enough where he can fill a specific niche, and it's just a matter of time for somebody to showcase that niche.

His laning against Veigar is particularly good, and he has solid lategame scaling with an impactful ultimate and a sufficient amount of aoe and decently low cd. He actually fares pretty well against most of the juggernauts (he struggles against skarner and fiora (but then again, there are very few who don't))

So I think he could become a counterpick or a flex pick for top and mid. I wouldn't anticipate support play, but that's also a possibility.

And thus concludes my prediction, not taking any bets that it will come true.

The most popular mid picks right now are control mages. If you set up a zone of control around an objective with viktor/azir/whoever, it's really hard for most champions to get in there and do their job. Galio is no different, even though he can lane semi-successfully against them. I can see him being a niche top pick for a kiting comp.
Hoss.
Galio is himself a pseudo-control mage. So long as his ult is up, he has the threat of basically winning the fight in a single button. Combined with some good poke that sets up the possibility of initiation, he functions as a middle ground between control and all-in. He's risky because missing the ult is pretty much a death sentence, but this is similar to the risk of running Orianna.

Like I said though, I feel like he'd be a counterpick more than a staple pick, but a counterpick is infinitely more use than he currently sees. Particularly against Veigar and Azir, I feel like seeing either of those blind picked can result in the Galio counterpick.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
To be fair, actually playing on LAN + getting to high diamond made me a much better player. I wonder when I'll finally start going even on NA. 63% winrate over ~62 games so far. Not exactly fakeresque, but assuming my performance in mid plat elo so far is anything to go by, i can probably finish this season diamond.

let's not forget that numbers is/was idk #1 in ranked 5v5s on lan.
it's not hard.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Galio is himself a pseudo-control mage. So long as his ult is up, he has the threat of basically winning the fight in a single button. Combined with some good poke that sets up the possibility of initiation, he functions as a middle ground between control and all-in. He's risky because missing the ult is pretty much a death sentence, but this is similar to the risk of running Orianna.

Like I said though, I feel like he'd be a counterpick more than a staple pick, but a counterpick is infinitely more use than he currently sees. Particularly against Veigar and Azir, I feel like seeing either of those blind picked can result in the Galio counterpick.

How does one miss a huge AoE taunt ability? But yeah, I see what you mean. His ult and natural tankiness makes him a really strong team initiator while having the potential to do massive damage or even delete multiple people.
My Replays
I don't know man...

His ult doesn't seem to be affected by spell shields (not to be confused with magic/black shields), and he has an annoying E ability. Annoying, but not as retarded a champion as some others.
My Replays